S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kings performance turbo good or bad?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kings performance turbo good or bad?

Anyone know if kings performance turbo is good?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to have to ask a better question then that. Second, you should take it to the forced induction section. Kings doesnt make turbos. They make turbo kits. Yes they are good.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 AM

If you go with the v2 sidewinder I recommend sending them the turbo you are using or buy the turbo from them. They will make the manifold around it, so that it fits properly. It was super hard getting my Borg Warner on the manifold and to fit properly. Also they don't make all the manifolds exactly the same since they are made to order. I also suggest getting the downpipe and dumptube from them at the same time. I asked them to do make me one after I got my turbo and manifold on after a few things fell through getting it made at a local shop and they said they needed the turbo and manifold. They said they build there kits around precision turbos. Just FYI.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking about the Kings kit also. The defianetly know what they are doing. The proof is in the insane drag/street s2k's that they have built. The stage 1 kit is making well over 600whp in an s2k with a stock bottom end.

And I feel it will work for me since the stage 1 kit is a tubular log style manifold. It should hold up well to the heat cycles of DD. I just have to heat wrap EVeRYTHING and put in heat shields around everything important. lol
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by baZurk
I've been thinking about the Kings kit also. The defianetly know what they are doing. The proof is in the insane drag/street s2k's that they have built. The stage 1 kit is making well over 600whp in an s2k with a stock bottom end.

And I feel it will work for me since the stage 1 kit is a tubular log style manifold. It should hold up well to the heat cycles of DD. I just have to heat wrap EVeRYTHING and put in heat shields around everything important. lol

I went with there v2 sidewinder and had ATP make a inconnel turbo heatshield to keep temps down. It will definately generate a lot of heat. My manifold has also been heat wrapped, but with normal heat wrap no inconnel.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
Originally Posted by baZurk' timestamp='1361287005' post='22347434

I went with there v2 sidewinder and had ATP make a inconnel turbo heatshield to keep temps down. It will definately generate a lot of heat. My manifold has also been heat wrapped, but with normal heat wrap no inconnel.
Do you have a vented hood to? I bet that helps alot to disperse heat.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 AM

No. I just got the car together this past weekend and have not started it yet with the turbo setup. I wont have it finished for another few weeks so I havne't seen how it will hold up with the heat. I don't plan on venting the hood. I can't put myself to cut into it. If I had a spare hood I might think about it.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
No. I just got the car together this past weekend and have not started it yet with the turbo setup. I wont have it finished for another few weeks so I havne't seen how it will hold up with the heat. I don't plan on venting the hood. I can't put myself to cut into it. If I had a spare hood I might think about it.
You are in the Mid-A region right? I would be interested in seeing your setup if you are going on the cruise to Ocean City. Or if you have a build thread could you shoot me a link?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 AM

His build thread

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/966...-build-thread/
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM

Is this a trick question?

Quick Reply: Kings performance turbo good or bad?