S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Is it possible to fit a 4" intake pipe from turbo intake to behind brake duct?

Old 10-01-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Is it possible to fit a 4" intake pipe from turbo intake to behind brake duct?

Hey Guys, just installed a Sheepey manifold and it's a must to have the intake air into the turbo as cold as possible.

Has anyone plumbed their turbo intake from behind the brake duct in the front bar? Obviously a filter on the end.
This location is perfect for both oil coolers and CAI for a Turbo.
I don't see cooling the hot engine bay air efficient at all.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 10-01-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I started to pie cut aluminum to do this then realized I would have to cut out the brace for the headlight. I stopped at that point. I REALLY want a good air filter solution, but the space is extremely limited with the sheepy manifold
The following users liked this post:
MARK AUS S2K (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

I would build an airbox around the filter to isolate it from hot engine bay air and then run a smaller diameter duct(s) from the airbox to the front corner. So what all the OEMs do for turbo cars.
MARK AUS S2K (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Ok cheers guys, I will have to make a heat shield around the filter then run flexible pipe to the filter from the brake duct plus an air scoop perhaps from under the car.

I have read that the stainless steel filter mesh is 50% less restrictive than fabric filters like K&N etc...
Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by MARK AUS S2K
Ok cheers guys, I will have to make a heat shield around the filter then run flexible pipe to the filter from the brake duct plus an air scoop perhaps from under the car.

I have read that the stainless steel filter mesh is 50% less restrictive than fabric filters like K&N etc...
What are you using for a filter? the only thing I found that would fit with an oversize radiator was a Gready airnix pod filter and it's an extremely tight fit
Old 10-02-2017, 04:23 AM

Yes I remember seeing your post on another thread. I have bought a short style off eBay and I'll modify it to fit but cutting etc lol

​​​I had another thought about routing the pipe directly behind the closesf fan and have the fan wired to run non stop so it's blowing cold air directly into the filter.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:33 AM

Charper,
Do you have any exact info with your filter?
I'm going to buy one because like you said it is a tight fit.
Thanks mate
Old 10-06-2017, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by MARK AUS S2K
Charper,
Do you have any exact info with your filter?
I'm going to buy one because like you said it is a tight fit.
Thanks mate
Other than it being a Greddy Airinix 4" ID, I don't. I got it from evasive. Just a heads up though, the quality is pretty piss poor. I had to cut some of the plastic veins so they didnt interfere with the rad. Every shop i've gone to tells me not to run it, that the turbo will destroy the filter and that I should just run a screen. I DD my car so I refuse to run without an air filter. Im still on the hunt for another option.
MARK AUS S2K (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM

Charper you have a T4 flange right? My vband will probably sit further back.
Cant you get a pipe fabricated to drop and run in between the motor and the radiator?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know if you can run 4'' all the way but I built a cai for my supercharger that starts with 4'' that cones down to 3.5'' into the blower to keep the intake temps down. I did have to trim the headlight bracket and the fender liner. I am running a green stuff air filter. recommend you use a quality filter due to the suction created. the filter I used for mock up was a cheap foam filter and just 100 miles of 18 psi was destroying the cone inside the filter.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to fit a 4" intake pipe from turbo intake to behind brake duct?