S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Cruise control housings converted to 12 position boost and traction control

Old 05-07-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Cruise control housings converted to 12 position boost and traction control

Cruise control switch housing converted to 12 position switches for boost and traction control.

I've been working on this for awhile. The front cover was 3D printed design for the replacement cover for the switches. After many prints and revisions it's finally about done. Wired using the stock cable reel. I need to figure out a better mounting option of the left housing and will probably be wrapping the housing in some other vinyl but this is how it stands now.

Super pumped on how this turned out!

The stock cruise control housing.

The 3D printed part, switch and gutted housing

I used a plastic epoxy to make it all into one piece.

Had to do an extra coat to fill in the gaps after the initial sanding

Ruffed down with 120 grit

Went from 120, 220, 400, 600

Final pass at 1000 grit

I had got a few different samples of vinyl to wrap the face in but then after realizing I scratched the housing I determined I needed to wrap the whole thing. I'm a little torn on what vinyl to use. Just plain black or the brush aluminum black. As I may wrap the silver center console part in the brushed aluminum vinyl.

This is it for now. I need to remove it and sand a bit more to make the edges flush.

The final product. The mounting of the left one is not permanent as I still need to figure it out, but pretty happy with how this turned out.

The following 2 users liked this post by Charper732:
DavidNJ (05-07-2019), StocS2k (05-08-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Pretty cool.