S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTuning Turbo Kit FAQ Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

cool thanks for the tip. So just pulll the mount insert and cut out 1/8 of aninch on each side? Do you think this will couse the mount to sag over time? I'll be trying this soon on my kit if it truely makes a big difference in helping with the vibration.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
cool thanks for the tip. So just pulll the mount insert and cut out 1/8 of aninch on each side? Do you think this will couse the mount to sag over time? I'll be trying this soon on my kit if it truely makes a big difference in helping with the vibration.
Time will tell on fatigue/sagging. My guess is it will not, the insert is still tight in the mount.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm thinking with the new heat shield setup and what little is taken off the mount that it shouldn't be an issue.

Something to note, I was looking at some old Ptuning install threads and it looks like the engine mount bracket themselves have changed too.

This is the previous mounting bracket...
PTuning Turbo Kit FAQ Thread-fcwhp8w.jpg

This is mine (current)...
Attachment 155391

This new design not only likely helps with heat shielding, but it also encases the inserts more. It shouldn't be much of an issue as far as vibration goes, but it is worth mentioning.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 PM

Bentons insert melted exactly where the upper bracket attached to the insert according to his pictures, so if the bracket now covers most of the insert, most of the insert that touches the bracket will melt if the heat becomes too excessive. I hope the heat shield keeps that from happening, either way I do not care. I'll stock pile modified inserts if I have to. Reduced vibration is a HUGE win here!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Yeah I have the original style mount and I have melted a few inserts. But after I installed a turbo blanket everything has been fine for the past few years.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My gripe with PTuning: they do not offer individual kit components separately for purchase. I want to try their manifold and motor mount but alas they make you buy the entire kit.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmith
My gripe with PTuning: they do not offer individual kit components separately for purchase. I want to try their manifold and motor mount but alas they make you buy the entire kit.
During the group buy last year they had an option to buy those separately. A guy on here is trying to sell his ptuning manifold...

If I did anything, I would buy the mount and make my own manifold using a reverse rotation GTX3076. If you make the runners a little longer, with a longer merged area, you could utilize a better wastegate position to help solve the boost creep issue.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the heads up I missed the group buy and that manifold is sold would still need the mount anyway. I called and spoke to PTuning last week unfortunately they do not offer separate components but it is being discussed. Full Race Pfab Inline Schmuck etc. are all happy to sell me a manifold separately. Hopefully PTuning can ramp up production and offer the mani and mount as stand alone items at some point. Hurry up and take my money.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmith
Thanks for the heads up I missed the group buy and that manifold is sold would still need the mount anyway. I called and spoke to PTuning last week unfortunately they do not offer separate components but it is being discussed. Full Race Pfab Inline Schmuck etc. are all happy to sell me a manifold separately. Hopefully PTuning can ramp up production and offer the mani and mount as stand alone items at some point. Hurry up and take my money.
a guy is selling a complete kit for 3700 rigjt now in the classifieds. It's used, but a steal!

Don't pass on going this route.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:54 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Any solutions to these boost creep issues?

What exact turbos are being used in the PTuning kit that are creeping?

Still trying to make up my mind on which turbo to run on the PTuning kit.

Quick Reply: PTuning Turbo Kit FAQ Thread