S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Quickest spool possible with big turbo. T4 EFR/Twinscroll external wastegate

Old 07-01-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Question Quickest spool possible with big turbo. T4 EFR/Twinscroll external wastegate

Would appreciate pointers on my build. Parameters are: Want maximum power/fastest spool possible/quietest ride/most simple setup. Want to use stock longblock diff/tranny.Easy huh?
Horsepower goal=atleast 600whp
Would like to keep car as sleeper looking/sounding as possible. And max reliability of course. Money is not really an issue not because i have unlimited funds but ive decided id rather sink 60k into s2000 over a brand new BMW M2 that ive been having wetdreams about.

For quickest spool the following ive gathered the following:
7670 EFR ceramic ball bearing twinscroll Turbo
Full-Race twinscroll double external wastegates.
3 inch titanium(want that highfrequency titanium reverberations <3)exhaust straight back with 3.5"DMH exhaust cut-out(will keep stock mufflers for stock sound when cutout closed)
Have E85 flexfuel with AEM INFINITY
And turbo/downpipes/manifold will be wrapped..

Drivetrain ACT 11lb flywheel ACT HD Pressure Plate& oem clutch disk. (Using ap1 slave cylinder for more direct feel).

Thats all the relevant stuff. So im thinking lightweight flywheel with E85 twinscroll ball bearing turbo external gated should make for an amazing daily driver every gear shift. Anyone have a similar setup? Any other recommendations? 7670 efr turbo is a bit old i wonder if theres a better one out by now...
Old 07-01-2018, 07:32 PM

So maximum power and spool have been adressed. Quietest ride will be achieved by keeping stock mufflers and a non chattering quiet flywheel/clutch setup. Also i have ID 1300x injectors which idle PERFECT. No high or choppy idle. Also have stock ap2 rims and super sport soon to be super sport 4s tires. Will be getting 225/45/17 front 245/45/17 super sport 4s. So wider front and taller rear than stock to help with gearing/traction. Will keep stock diff for now as i dont want an aftermarket whiny diff. Car will be a daily driver and be doing alot of highway pulls no drag racing or hard launches
Old 07-01-2018, 08:22 PM

Greddy kit intercooler

25mm ebay silicone brake duct hose(To route some cool air past intercooler into engine bay

Full-Race Intercooler
Old 07-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Long time lurker first time poster so please bear with me. As seen in the last pic i installed the full race intercooler(Trimmed the oem grille ALOT). I have noticed it does block the incoming air ALOT. The intercooler has the biggest intercooler endtanks ive seen. I dont think this is the best design(not that im am expert) but i dont like the big aluminum endtanks because they should have used more bar and plate area for the air to cool and just wasted the space with endtanks that just block air wtf? I would say its a bad design BUT having bigger aluminum endtanks drives cost up and full race is filled with design experts so i doubt they would waste aluminum on an inferior design but if i could change it to a different intercooler with more bar and plate and less endtank space i would.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM

As it sits currently
Old 07-01-2018, 09:03 PM

Inline pro intercooler to throttle body piping. Best cold charge piping on the market
Old 07-01-2018, 09:05 PM

Another thing i dont like about fullrace kit is cold charge piping. Its 2.25" and it squeezes between lower radiator hose and radiator fan just ABSORBING HEAT. Its too small and horribly routed. Best way is around fender inorder to avoid radiator fan and hose heating it up AND this space can now be used for a proper Fan like stock or SPAL extreme fan. Not Sh#% mishimoto slim fans that make all these s2000 turbod cars overheat!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Can we edit our posts? Dont see an option. But anyway this is the end goal/how it should all lineup not a twimscroll turbo thats about the only difference. But full race twin scroll has 2 external wastegates making in the best designed manifold for s2k ive seen.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:38 PM

This is the idea. Vband 3inch titanium tubing straight back and out cut out with side holes for routing through stock mufflers for daily driving/sleeper look

Kind of like this except just one 3.5" DMH elecrric coutout. Cant wait to hear that exhaust rumbling down some titanium tubing! Wonder how titanium changes sound/tone over steel piping?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:50 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

AEM Infinity is a great choice.

For 600 hp, the T4 divided kits are overkill. Consider going with the Full Race ram horn and a GTX3076R Gen 2 (good), GTX3576R Gen 2 (better), or even a TR3030R VelociRaptor (best). I haven't heard many (any?) complaints of noise with the ramhorn, but vibration and rattling are common with top-mount and front-mount kits.
While the EFR 8374 seems to perform above average, the EFR 7670 seems to be disappointing. I have yet to find any results on a high flowing engine that measure up to a typical GTX3076R dyno. Like you said, perhaps the next generation will be better.
I have a S300SX FMW (similar to a EFR8374). The spool is very good, but not GT3076R good. For the street, it's probably a bit big.

I've also had an aluminum flywheel and gone back to AP1 stock (from AP2 stock). For a 600 hp turbo setup, an aluminum flywheel is not worth it unless it's required by your particular clutch. You're going to need a good clutch, consider the SOS twin carbon. I've done a HD PP with stock disk and it's not enough for 600 hp.

Tim

Quick Reply: Quickest spool possible with big turbo. T4 EFR/Twinscroll external wastegate