S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Robs Boost build (Videos pg 10/11)

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Robs Boost build (Videos pg 10/11)

Ok so it was a few days ago now. I had been missing driving the S over christmas and was a little bored. So off I went in rather unpleasant conditions to take her for a spin. About 5 minutes later I was literally spinning out of control after hitting an off camber hump at highish RPM's and the rear end breaking loose on a wet/icy dual carrage way. Anyway, the upshot is I was planning a build on the car in the new year, this has just bought it on sooner.

I have this turbo which I may or may not use. I'm undecided at the minute whether to keep this or go for a borg warner egr which has internal wastegates and blow off valve. Its basically the cutting edge of turbo technology right now. I aim to make 500 at the wheels on the stock block.

So the strip begins.

Engine, gearbox and diff next...

Some bits of progress today. Things moved pretty slow until it warmed up but now all the awkward transmission bolts are loose, off it will come tomorrow along with the engine and lower front sub frame.

]

Plugs and clips removed ready for the trans supports to be removed

supporting the subframe as the engine is tiletd back to get at the top transmission bolt

Ok probably the least fun stuff out of the way now. Now to think about which front bumper im going to use, what wheels I'm going for and what colour the monster will be. hmmm?

Did Honda ever produce the S2k in champ white? I really like the grey that the fiat 500 abarth comes in too.

Some more progress pics.

My F20c in its new home for a few weeks

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM

Using the cutter bit on the end of the drill to remove the washer like meatl piece that surrounds the bush and then onto the press to push the old ones out ready for the new polybushes.

What a long day. Feeling like at least some progress has been made though. Overhauled rear brake calipers ready for some caliper paint love. Hit them with some anti rush grey acrylic metal primer. Hmm now what colour top coat?

Ok so today I speat a little time looking at how I was going to remove the valve springs, retainers and seals without removing the head in anticipation of my upgraded supertech items arriving later on this week. After doing a bit of a search I found tools that do the job so I thought I'd have a go at making my own version. We'll the short of it is it works a treat I'm going to prevent the valves dissapearing down into the cylinder by simply rotating the crank so that the piston is at TDC on the respective cylinder I'm working on. It works so I'm happy. With the piston at TDC the valve only drops about 5mm or something so no danger of loosing it. Going to make something to remove the lower retainer and seal aswell as they will also be replaced.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM

Just opened my email inbox to see AFI in the states have sent me some progress pictures of my custom intake manifold being built. It has some great dyno proven properties for boosted S2K's allowing you to reach the same power levels you could on a stock manifold but with less boost. Anything that lowers the cylinder pressures and delivers the power is good in my book. Now hurry up and ship it!

diff, driveshafts, diff mounts all anti rust protected and finished in smooth black hammerite.

A rather large snail in the garden. Now fitted with custom spun aluminium velocity stack to ram air into inlet side.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM

And my AFI intake manifold arrived from the States

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good stuff mate, good thread.

What shape were you engine mounts in?, obviously you'll need to replace them when the added power?.

I stopped at 370BHP @ fly
Old 02-16-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great build. good luck
Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Nice attention to detail and ingenuity. What are your goals?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Wow. Is this a build or a restoration? (Kidding.) Awesome work; you've got far more energy than I do. What setup are you going to use with that turbo? (top mount, sidewinder, custom?)
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Thanks guys! It is alot of hard work. I hope it will be worth it. My goals are 500hp for now on the stock block. I will not be launching the car or using it for drag racing until the diff and driveline are addressed. I just want to get the car up and running first and have some fun in it this summer. In the UK we have limited nice weather to play in. It will be used in dry weather only this time around...

The manifold is a full custom unit supplied to me by a well known US Honda builder. I'm not sure if he wants me to mention his name yet so will ask him before I disclose details. As soon as it arrives I will put pics up of course...
Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice work!

Quick Reply: Robs Boost build (Videos pg 10/11)