S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   S/C with AEM Infinity - Which Sensors? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/s-c-aem-infinity-sensors-1192397/)

s2kvince 03-09-2019 09:24 PM

S/C with AEM Infinity - Which Sensors?

I'm currently in the middle of an AEM Infinity install on a supercharged AP1 S2000. In regards to aftermarket sensors, I have a 3 bar SOS MAP sensor and a Bosch LSU 4.2 O2 sensor which seems to be the bare minimum with aftermarket EMS and larger than stock injectors on a car with 12-14 psi of desired boost.

What other sensors should I include as part of this install for safety?

It seems like fuel pressure is recommended. I'm thinking about buying the SOS fuel pressure sensor and install kit. Where does this tap into the OEM fuel rail?

Is an oil pressure sensor also recommended? It appears that the OEM unit is just a switch and not an actual sensor that provides an output signal.

Thanks

Charper732 03-10-2019 03:31 AM

You don't have to go with the more expensive sos fuel pressure sensor. I've used ebay "clean injection" brand with success for a couple years now. The AEM/SOS sensors are just rebranded sensors anyway. You can drill and tap your OEM fuel rail anywhere on the top side that has open space. I just upgraded mine so if you want one that is ready to go, Ill sell you mine.

Oil pressure and wideband are what i consider bare minimum sensors. Oil temp is a nice one to have as well, it's cheap and you have a much better idea of when the motor is actually up to temp.

jdmz 03-10-2019 05:36 AM

Do you remember which fuel pressure sensor you got? I didn't know I could save money on the ebay brand. I'm looking for a fuel pressure sensor myself.

s2kvince 03-10-2019 09:45 AM

Thanks, hoping to tap it today. Do all fuel pressure sensors use a 1/8" NPT (national pipe thread taper) with 27 tpi? Is this what you tap into the rail or do you go bigger and get a reducer? If anyone has a pic of location, that will help. Old threads don't seem to have working pics

jdmz 03-10-2019 10:26 AM

I tapped mine 1/8-27. I think you are right they are all the same size. The aem fuel pressure sensor is 1/8-27 for sure.

snitm 03-10-2019 03:30 PM

I also did oil pressure, oil temp and fuel pressure (all AEM sensors) with AEM Infinity install on my 2002 AP1 w/ 2.4L.
I also have a gaugeART CAN gauge with adjusted failsafe thresholds. Fuel pressure failsafe in AEM Infinity + guageART alaert = saved my ass _big_ time.

Charper732 03-10-2019 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by snitm (Post 24575980)
I also did oil pressure, oil temp and fuel pressure (all AEM sensors) with AEM Infinity install on my 2002 AP1 w/ 2.4L.
I also have a gaugeART CAN gauge with adjusted failsafe thresholds. Fuel pressure failsafe in AEM Infinity + guageART alaert = saved my ass _big_ time.

AEM makes the AEMnet gauge now, which is an all-in-one at less than half the price of the gaugeart. Although it does not have built in warnings...but then again, if youre running on infinity the check engine light will start flashing when failsafes kick in

F1TwoThousand 03-10-2019 05:04 PM

AEM infinity is VE based. You absolutely want a fuel pressure sensor mounted on the frame(less vibration it experiences the more accurate the reading) wideband, and a good air temp sensor. Adding these three sensors to the aem infinity does an excellent job hitting your target lambda values coupled with a well calibrated MAP sensor and fuel injectors.

s2kvince 03-10-2019 07:43 PM

OK, I have the following on the way thanks to this thread and a few others.
  • AEM 0-100 psi pressure sensor - Fuel
  • AEM 0-150 psi pressure sensor - Oil
  • AEM temp sensor - Oil
  • GM Open Element IAT sensor - Intake Air Temp
I plan to check locally for some fittings and AN threaded tubing to mount the pressure sensors remotely.

Do I need to move the IAT sensor from the stock location to somewhere upstream of the throttle body? I'm not sure if the Comptech has a good bung to use or if I'll need to get something welded.

Can the oil temp sensor be mounted remotely next to the oil pressure sensor? I've seen it recommended, but it seems like it would be inaccurate due to cooling throughout the tube. I already have the drain plug being used for the Comptech supercharger oil feed line.

Charper732 03-11-2019 04:28 AM

IAT is not as important as the others. It does tend to get heatsoaked but as soon as you open the throttle a bit it evens out so unless you just want to spend the money, you can get away with the stock one.
drill and tap the oil pan for the temp sensor.