S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   Are S2000s running E85 AND Water/Meth Injection? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/s2000s-running-e85-water-meth-injection-1185445/)

DavidNJ 06-08-2018 07:39 PM

Are S2000s running E85 AND Water/Meth Injection?

E85 Vs. Water/Methanol Injection: Which Should You Run?

Anders agreed that the increases from methanol can be substantial and added that he has seen massive gains from the use of direct port water/meth on an application that had already been running E85 and water/meth from the get go.

“I’ve done plenty of testing and water/meth definitely has been a critical factor in a lot of builds,” Anders said. “I’ve seen on some setups, even ones already running E85 and water/meth, just going from a single nozzle in front of a throttle body to a direct port meth kit gains as high as 20 horsepower. There are definitely benefits both ways and running them together is certainly something I entertain all the time–it’s hard to beat.”

AP1Chief 06-09-2018 04:27 AM

I do.

LostMarine 06-09-2018 08:58 AM

i dont, thought about it, would not suggest it. i come from the bmw world where everyone was running methanol and i know of too many blown motors due to badly setup meth kits. failsafes are not fast enough for big power at 8-9k rpms

AP1Chief 06-09-2018 10:02 AM

I use it purely for IATs..... I run such a small nozzle it barley effects afrs.... plus I have afr safety.

DavidNJ 06-09-2018 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by AP1Chief (Post 24473226)
I use it purely for IATs..... I run such a small nozzle it barley effects afrs.... plus I have afr safety.

Where are you injecting: pre-turbo, pre-throttle, intake manifold plenum, or direct port injection?

Originally Posted by LostMarine (Post 24473216)
i dont, thought about it, would not suggest it. i come from the bmw world where everyone was running methanol and i know of too many blown motors due to badly setup meth kits. failsafes are not fast enough for big power at 8-9k rpms

All of the manufacturers claim their flow detectors are sufficient in case of failure. In addition, there is the knock detection system. Were the failure from a major injection manufacturer (e.g. Snow, Pro-Meth) or DYI? I remember in the 1990s and early 2000s there were lots of DYI methanol injection systems discussed in Supra-land.

BMW used a Bosch direct-port water injection on their M4 GTS:

Snow and Pre-Meth sell their systems for trucks as an improvement in efficiency. They seem to rely on the IAT temps to let the OEM ECU make the adjustment, so it would handle the adjustment directly.

riceball777 06-09-2018 03:12 PM

i dont see a point of running meth injection when your already running e85. E85 already give you the ability to not be restricted in power with knock and less you not be octane limited any more. You can easily maxed out your turbo and setup with e85.

Meth injection makes a lot of sense for people that have to run standard 91/93 octane since this fuel limits the power you can make because of the low octane and knock levels you need to run limited levels of timing and boost. with meth injection you can significantly make more power by running more boost and timing.

With e85 you can already run as much timing and boost as your want, so i dont really see a point of running meth with e85.

AP1Chief 06-10-2018 04:02 AM

it drops intake temps... which means denser air... which means more power ;)

on my super charger i ran before blower..... and it was insane the amount of boost it added.... turbo i do post turbo before TB.

DavidNJ 06-10-2018 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by AP1Chief (Post 24473411)
it drops intake temps... which means denser air... which means more power ;)

on my super charger i ran before blower..... and it was insane the amount of boost it added.... turbo i do post turbo before TB.

But then wouldn't it make sense to have the water/meth injection before the turbo or on the volute to allow it to compress denser air?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...8f748d6539.jpg

AP1Chief 06-10-2018 03:37 PM

Yes it does, but even post cools the post intetcooler air....

dont really have fhe space now anyways for pre Turbo lol

DavidNJ 06-10-2018 07:51 PM

Saw this in one product write-up. Two of the three objectives would apply to an E85 fueled car.

Example: A sophisticated water/methanol setup would use a nozzle after the intercooler for air temperature control, direct port for octane boost, and also single nozzle mounted in the turbo inlet spraying directly at the compressor nut.

The post-intercooler nozzle would be set to spray at the point that intake air temperature reduction is needed. -typically at low boost. Once into heavy boost, octane is needed to protect the engine. So, the system is set to activate the direct port solenoid. Lastly, the pre-turbo nozzle's solenoid is activated as the turbo reaches the end of its efficiency zone. This will be found at/just after the torque peak (i.e. typically once the manifold pressure begins to drop at higher rpms). With this control arrangement, fluid consumption is minimized, tuning is easier, and a turbocharger flows air more like a larger one while still spooling quickly.