S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   SC setup: Swapping RFPR with EMS (AEM etc.) - Fuel Control (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/sc-setup-swapping-rfpr-ems-aem-etc-fuel-control-1192151/)

Spaceman2345 02-27-2019 11:15 AM

SC setup: Swapping RFPR with EMS (AEM etc.) - Fuel Control

:crazy:Regarding the removal of RFPR, specifically for CT-E supercharger (but any system works)

Has anyone removed the RFPR and utilize the upgraded EMS (AEM, etc.) to control fuel? If yes (or knowledge), what was your experience when reinstalling the RFPR and factory ECU, factory fuel injectors back on? Did it require adjustment? Or was it as simple as swapping things back?

Currently asking due to the possibility of increasing boost to 10-11psi on Novi1220. Was told that RFPR would need to be removed (AEM would control fuel) and reinstalled along with factory ecu once smog exam is due. If it’s as easy as swapping things in and out that would be great. If not, I am not willing to pay a mechanic every other year hundreds to swap and retune (total waste of money). DIY would be a grand solution only if no adjustments are needed when swapping back and forth every freaking California smog year.

Any input,advice, or experiences would be great!

echofilter 03-03-2019 02:49 AM

I have little advice for you regarding the actual removal or replacement, but will tell you you will have far better luck finding someone to smog you under the table than paying a mechanic to do that if you can't/won't do the work yourself. On a retune: It really shouldn't be a necessary step as long as nothing changes between the AEM being put back in and your RFPR. As far as the AEM knows, nothing ever happened
I'm assuming you're 06+ since you're using a returnless FPR.

Are you actually going to break 400 WHP with 11PSI? Not saying I don't believe it, just unsure if you will really need to change your entire fuel rail for 11psi
I'd probably strongly consider staying at the limit of your RFPR if it means you have to worry about swapping components. The difference is, at the most, 30whp? Unless you're thinking e85 or even higher boost eventually, but you should have a smog solution sorted before you really consider that route.

Spaceman2345 03-03-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by echofilter (Post 24572725)
I have little advice for you regarding the actual removal or replacement, but will tell you you will have far better luck finding someone to smog you under the table than paying a mechanic to do that if you can't/won't do the work yourself. On a retune: It really shouldn't be a necessary step as long as nothing changes between the AEM being put back in and your RFPR. As far as the AEM knows, nothing ever happened
I'm assuming you're 06+ since you're using a returnless FPR.

Are you actually going to break 400 WHP with 11PSI? Not saying I don't believe it, just unsure if you will really need to change your entire fuel rail for 11psi
I'd probably strongly consider staying at the limit of your RFPR if it means you have to worry about swapping components. The difference is, at the most, 30whp? Unless you're thinking e85 or even higher boost eventually, but you should have a smog solution sorted before you really consider that route.

First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Acthually, MY00’, not 06+.
The CT-E SC came with a rrfpr. I strongly believe I won’t reach 400whp at 11psi, unless, like you stated, I go E85.
You make a great point about staying put with the rrfpr regarding the smog issue. However, if the swapping of the AEM and rrfpr is as simple as plugging things in and out, I can definitely take care of it myself. Now if adjustments need to be made then that’s where it might get a little complicated for me due to not having the knowledge or the know how on how to make adjustments to both components. But boy, how lovely would it be to be able to break that 400whp on e85 and be able to go back to smog ready when needed. The CT-E unit is CARB legal in So Cal a plus for me just need the know how when putting the rrfpr back with its piggyback ACM unit without any software adjustments.

s2000Junky 03-04-2019 01:49 PM

Its as easy as swapping things back. You don't even HAVE to put the rrfpr back in, but the easier stock fpr which will already be installed with your AEM/EMS. Just remove the sc belt and you wont make any boost. Takes care of that issue.

jdmz 03-09-2019 06:01 PM

I had a rrfpr and swapped for aem infinity on my SOS stage 1. I also upgraded the novi 1220 to 1200 (huge difference!) no adjustment is required if you put back your stock injectors and fpr.