S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Seriously Kraftswerk? WTF.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
I have no opinion on the kit or if this even is the case (really could be a very poor kit regardless of belt tension).
Id lean heavy on this. No other SC kit IE Comptech/CT-engineering, Vortech, SOS or TTS to my knowledge has chronic issues, or any issue with this.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Id lean heavy on this. No other SC kit IE Comptech/CT-engineering, Vortech, SOS or TTS to my knowledge has chronic issues, or any issue with this.
I will say, it sure seems that way. I have never dealt with a supercharged s2k and didn't feel like sticking my foot in my mouth.

Regardless I view it important to set the proper belt tension/fastener torque specs/assembly methods as close and as often as possible not only for proper operation but able to rule something out if a problem does arise. Granted I'm an engineer and that's just how I think based upon things I've dealt with at my job so take it with a grain of salt n obviously engineers do not make proper designs from the get go at times

Last edited by s2kfinesse; 06-21-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:19 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
comptechs and vortechs had their fair share of issues. But they also had less power and were released a long time ago. People have had vtec solenoid bolts come out on vortech kits. Blowers failing; etc.

SOS i haven't heard much about in terms of issues. I'd personally go with SOS if I was doing it all over again. KW was substantially cheaper though.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
comptechs and vortechs had their fair share of issues. But they also had less power and were released a long time ago. People have had vtec solenoid bolts come out on vortech kits. Blowers failing; etc.

SOS i haven't heard much about in terms of issues. I'd personally go with SOS if I was doing it all over again. KW was substantially cheaper though.
Ive been around a looong time, these were never chronic issues you mention, but exceptions out of hundreds and hundreds of kits out there over the years. kw first gen kit with the c30 had more then its fair share of growing pains, but this new cogged system has been a total joke. KW never earned my respect as a competent choice in the market and as soon as I saw KW make a comeback with this new cogged kit after failing as a company prior, I was one of the first guys to call a redflag with the first problem thread and sure enough nothing but headaches now since day one. All other blower kits are valid choices, with Vortech being the least well designed second to KW, with SOS being the top choice for current gen kits and Comptech prior to them. Also output has very little to do with the problems being displayed here, which is moot anyway because any of these kits whether its Vortech or SOS has just as much power potential as the current c38 rotrex blower being utilized in the current KW kit, if not more actually because you can over spin a novi blower without it grenading on you unlike a Rotrex which is much more sensitive to its max rpm ceiling.

The old Novi 1000 in the comptech kits is not going to get you much past 400whp, but those blowers are long gone and any of the current gen blower kits that utilize novi blowers give you an option to run the tried and true Novi 1200 which has proven to deliver 500whp+ with E85 or water/meth injection on pump. 565whp has been the highest ive seen with this blower to date. The old school Novi 1500 by the same user made over 600whp.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 06-21-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Got more news.

The guy who is "helping" (ya right) me out is Douglas Haley from KW Customerservice department

ok so talked with this guy and he kept tryna sell me the 30mm kit. I finally got him to say that "the current kw kits can't handle the torque produced by your blower. The 20mm kit is a temporary solution. The 30mm kit will fix all your issues."

WTF. seriously? You produce a kit that's you say can handle all the rotrex blowers. Then when people began snapping bolts and belts you decided to reengineer the POS belt and sell the new kit as a solution to the old. MF.

also he told me to download an app and measure the hertz like a MF VIOLIN !!!!

if I was an engineer at this place I woulda fired myself.

Stay tunned on what hat these guys have to say

so so upset right now as my buddy needs to prepare for GTA SLB !!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:42 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Got more news.

The guy who is "helping" (ya right) me out is Douglas Haley from KW Customerservice department

ok so talked with this guy and he kept tryna sell me the 30mm kit. I finally got him to say that "the current kw kits can't handle the torque produced by your blower. The 20mm kit is a temporary solution. The 30mm kit will fix all your issues."

WTF. seriously? You produce a kit that's you say can handle all the rotrex blowers. Then when people began snapping bolts and belts you decided to reengineer the POS belt and sell the new kit as a solution to the old. MF.

also he told me to download an app and measure the hertz like a MF VIOLIN !!!!

if I was an engineer at this place I woulda fired myself.

Stay tunned on what these guys have to say

so so upset right now as my buddy needs to prepare for GTA SLB !!
Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Original KW (O.Jackson ) designed kit on mine since they came out put the kit on at 16k miles now at 75K. Think I was like No. 10, Upgraded gates auto-tensioner, and pulley bearing as well as belts for me to keep it going strong have just been treated as wear items that I got used to replacing every yr. Funny thing I have learned with my setup is that you become tuned into how it should run or sound after so many years.

I need to ask my local buddy who has that cogg design how it's been running, I will say this yrs ago when I went to kraftwerks and spoke with Oscar Jackson he was a pretty sharp guy who did a a lot of homework on Autotensioners and adjustable design and said he was sold on the design because of its simplicity ease of service.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Also a relatively lucky one here and i'll chime in.

DIY installed originally on a 20mm pulley setup, managed 4k on a used belt that previously had about 10k on it ( and was on when the supercharger shaft snapped prior to my ownership ) Then it snapped clean under light driving, tried another brand of belt from Medway ( Dunlop ) that lasted about 800 miles due to the heat and being made of rubber. One thing I did notice with the original 20mm Kraftwerks belt is it was terribly dusty and gathered around the VTEC solenoid and cam cover. Can only assume this was the belt braking down over time.

That point I purchased the 30mm kit, one of the first I understand. Upon receiving the pulleys, I measured the height of them and spacers to match them up and ensure there would be no belt rubbing/run out issues, found there to be naff all difference in height difference, just double checking.

Now on 30mm and done about 5k and no issues thus far and no dust to be seen either!

REALLY is critical the tension on this belt setup. You almost need to set it too lose when its cold, to the point you can very nearly pull it off the crank pulley. When started cold the belt will flap and chatter at the longest points of travel between the crank pulley and the 2 lower pulleys, but as you heat the car up, it gets tighter, When it's warm, I usually get about 1/4-1/2" of twist in the middle of the longest stretch of the belt. Purely based on feel this is, I think that's the issue, some peoples version of tight is lose and vice versa.

Motor mounts aswell. Even though the supercharger is mounted on 3 points on the engine and being connected to intercooler pipework, the flex and torsion of that fighting against the intercooler pipework will have an effect somewhere down the line.

That's my 2 pence on the matter anyway. Hope he has a bit more luck with it soon.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
Just got a response for KW after a week. They are trying to sell me their 30mm kit. Seriously? My buddy has paid 5k already. And he is broke. Wat a$$holes.

Then he responded if I installed it using hertz. Anyone have any idea what kw means here? We r measuring sound now? Wtf. Stay with a torque number.
Hertz is pretty popular, this is how we set timing belt tension in the Ducati world.