S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SoS / Novi1200 oil drain & feed line questions

Old 11-15-2018, 09:52 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts
Default SoS / Novi1200 oil drain & feed line questions

Okay so as stated in my other supercharger thread things are progressing quickly and I'm trying to get the amenities all sorted beforehand so the supercharger kit install will essentially be a bolt-on affair as the car will already be running on the supporting mods (KPro, injectors, upgraded clutch, fuel pump, etc)

I took a look at the SoS install pdf (2011 revision) and unless they've changed any of the procedures it appears that you use the oil drain plug for the return line. I'm not a very big fan of that; nor am I fan of barb fittings, even if it's a low pressure line, they're just not clean to me. Plus I'd like to use a fumoto drain valve in my oil drain plug location; love them. I did some reading and the best place to mount an oil return is in the timing cover at the bottom rh (passenger) corner where there's a separated area due to the chain guard. Here's some pics I found in another thread:

So I already bought a used cover off of eBay, and since I'm doing Kpro the timing cover will need to come off anyway, so I think it's a perfect opportunity to have another cover modded and ready to go and I'll just run it with the AN fitting capped.

Just regarding a few specifics, has anyone else done this with a Novi 1200? I know plenty of guys do it with a turbo. Mainly I'm just interested if I have the right fitting angles for the return. Right now my shopping list is:

-10AN aluminum weld-on bung (male) (assuming the timing cover is cast aluminum?)
SS braided hose (3 ft)
3/8 NPT to -10AN male/male adapter (for Paxton drain port, is this the proper size? I was only able to get one answer from another thread but they called Paxton and got confirmation it's 3/8")
-10AN female straight hose fitting
-10AN female hose fitting 90* elbow swivel (Is the blower almost directly over the timing cover? I think this would give it the best shot. I saw some other threads where guys had the turbo forward of the crossmember, so they had a straight fitting on their hose and looped the return hose in front of the crossmember and went straight into the bung on the timing cover. I'm thinking the blower is quite a bit closer, so a 90* fitting would be better as the return line will be behind the crossmember. Or perhaps a 45* fitting would be best?)
-10 AN cap for the timing cover bung until I'm ready to install the supercharger kit/return line

Could I get away with a bulkhead fitting for the timing cover instead? Jegs has a pretty nice one specifically for an oil return application, but it's only -8AN. From what I've read most people say a -10AN or 5/8" is the optimal necessary size for the return if you can.

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Uni...75204/10002/-1

Also does anyone know the specifics of the oil feed line? I believe the manual said -3AN? I don't even see fittings for that size available....This is going to sound pretty stupid but I'm really partial to black fittings and hose as opposed to stainless, so I'm not a big fan of the stainless feed line. I'm getting a lot of my underhood accessories powder coated either satin black or wrinkle depending on what they are, so I'd like a black feed line and fittings to match. Is it okay if I bumped up to a -4AN for the feed line? Or would that not provide enough pressure? I'll contact SoS about this tomorrow and see how they'd feel about that.

Thanks in advance for the advice. Trying to get this as squared away as possible before I start firing off orders for more parts. I try to do as much research on the forums as I can, but in terms of the exact specifics to my particular plans I haven't seen much. I know it'll work, just want advice on sizing and fitting angles really.

Last edited by Kyle; 11-15-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:08 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

I don't feel like editing in more info because I think it'll get convoluted. Here's the 90* fitting for the return line going into the timing cover. I think the supercharger is positioned almost directly above this location making a 90* ideal.

Thanks to @s2knoob89 for making the thread and most of the pics. I'll most likely be copying your setup exactly. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...return-886536/