S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Originally Posted by lleron' timestamp='1409279521' post='23306858
Probably around 85? Granted I have an 06 comptech aftercooler, so the IAT sensor is located in the aftercooler housing. Autowave also dumped all liquid out of my system (drain plug was leaking) and just filled it with coolant. I'll re-add water wetter and see if it lowers any.
You need to ditch the coolant and just go with distilled water (as long as you don't drive in subfreezing temps). And maybe a cap full of water wetter.

I originally had ~20% coolant, 80% distilled water and a few caps of water wetter before Autowave drained my system. I'll probably go back to that ratio this weekend and see if it makes an difference (I'd rather have at least a little coolant just to be safe).
Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never run straight distilled water, always mix with a surfactant. You need some type of corrosion inhibitor.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
...surfactant...
Had to Google it, lol.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe
Pretty sure I'm in for the next group buy on a stage 1 kit. Lol.
Me too, I'm thinking of emailing them and asking them when they will do one.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets see where to begin lol just got back from the trip to the mountains, found a bunch of new issues that i am not sure how to solve so here it goes:

Boost Gauge problems: before the trip when driving at around 80mph in 6th the boost was never high usually stayed around 0-1 psi, I am running on a 3.4" pulley. But I figured something was wrong today so I pulled the gauge cover off and then screwed it back on slowly and now its reading same speed and gear but around 3 psi. Just wanted to get an idea on where most people are at when going 80mph. Now I noticed that when at idle I am at around 0.5psi boost, is this normal just curious.

Oil Mist: I have discovered that I am getting oil mist coming out of my Tial QRJ, its not much but its getting to accumulate around the engine bay, I also have a oil catch can but not sure why this is happening but I am going to pull the blower and cooler to get it figured out on whats going on with the car. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Blower: Has anyone rebuilt the blower themselves? If so how hard was it? I can get the bearings and seals online which is not a problem and I am sure I can change them myself as well.

If anyone can help with these 3 problems that would be great!

Thanks!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jojobrown
Boost Gauge problems: before the trip when driving at around 80mph in 6th the boost was never high usually stayed around 0-1 psi, I am running on a 3.4" pulley. But I figured something was wrong today so I pulled the gauge cover off and then screwed it back on slowly and now its reading same speed and gear but around 3 psi. Just wanted to get an idea on where most people are at when going 80mph. Now I noticed that when at idle I am at around 0.5psi boost, is this normal just curious.
You should be in vacuum while casually driving around in 6th, unless you're on the throttle. I think I'm at ~10-15mm/hg at 4000rpm just cruising. What spring do you have in your BOV, as it sounds like it's not open during idle or cruising?

EDIT: Have you logged boost levels in flashpro to see if they match the gauge? Perhaps the gauge is off also.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lleron
Originally Posted by jojobrown' timestamp='1410658007' post='23329882

You should be in vacuum while casually driving around in 6th, unless you're on the throttle. I think I'm at ~10-15mm/hg at 4000rpm just cruising. What spring do you have in your BOV, as it sounds like it's not open during idle or cruising?

EDIT: Have you logged boost levels in flashpro to see if they match the gauge? Perhaps the gauge is off also.
The BOV is working, its the standard 3lb sprong that came with the bov, the flashpro logs were going to be my next thing
Old 09-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Not sure if this has been asked before but would be great to know if you run into the same issues with samco hoses as you would with the stock radiator coolant lines.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 AM

HELP! I'm getting desperate...
I'm in the process of rebuilding my Vortech V3 (basically a N1220SL right?) and I am very confused on where the trust washers need to be.
It's been rebuilt before twice, so it might be wrong. When I took it apart, it had wave washers on both ends of both shafts (4). Does that seem right?
Jon Bond tells me that there should be wave washers only in the input shaft cover (cover that the input\pulley shaft goes through, on both shafts (2).
Paxton tells me that the input shaft cover should have the input shaft washer and that the output shaft cover (impeller side) should have the input shaft washer (2 inversed).
Which one is right? Can someone that opened a V3 confirm?

Just trying to finish the season, will most probably send it in to Paxton for a 1200 conversion...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:34 AM

For anyone interested in the group buy, I just emailed them and they said March time frame will probably be the next one. Guess I might be getting one a bit earlier. How much of a price reduction is it normally anyways?

Quick Reply: SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky