S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what max psi on pump gas is safe ?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Evans tuning said he was safe with ~15psi but I would ask your tuner what he is safe with
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM

Couldnt think of a better place to pose this question, is there a way to use my pwjdm strut tower bar with my SOS sc? Spacers? Movement of the aftercooler? Anything?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.688927,7.247858
Old 02-09-2012, 06:59 PM

I Concur with Rain H8R. My 1220SL just took a dump after sparing use for 14000 miles over a 27 month period. Never tracked, never beat to shit. After a recent 1-3rd gear redline run, my blower is excruciatingly loud. I stop by SOS and they tell me immediately the bearings/internals are shot. SOS offers to send in the unit to Paxton for me to push for a good faith warranty fix even though it's well beyond the 1 year date. Surprisingly, Paxton responds by informing SOS/me that they felt the failure was on them and fixed my blower for FREE! No go on a conversion to Non-SL though, as the parts were different and they would have charged me $900. Guess I'll save that for next time though hopefully this was just a fluke. Just thought I'd post this info in case this helps anyone make a more informed decision.

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Originally Posted by DallasAp1' timestamp='1328076746' post='21372130
[quote name='RAIN H8R' timestamp='1315231027' post='20944333']
[quote name='steven975' timestamp='1315200234' post='20943898']
If I had to guess, it would be that the oil in the self-lube kit gets hot and has no way to cool down effectively and breaks down.

While it could mean cooler temps for the air charge, that may be short-lived as the blower heats up. As for the engine, maybe cooler oil, but I think the benefits of having engine oil cool the blower exceed the higher oil temps the engine may or may not have as a result.
I agree, I also think that there is an issue because just under a pint of lubricant is inside the SL blowers. Perhaps when cornering in the S2000 the oil is hung up on the side of the blower and cannot lubricate everything.
I'm not quite sure if i understand the logic in this. wouldnt an engine oil fed blower have the exact same problem if it was taking the exact same corner? if not why? does it contain more oil if so why would one engine oil fed need more oil? shouldnt the SL have a larger capacity then? i thought they were essentially the same just one isnt connected to engine oil and the other is. also i see you said alot of people had problems with these blowers but ive searched online and havent found much info about them at all did you know these people in person that had these problems with the SL? . Im in the market for sos kit and would prefer self lubricated so i dont have to tap my oil pan just curious to know if anyone has more insight about the self lubricated unit i want more feedback on them before i make my purchase.
[/quote]

The blower internal design is different (SOS/Paxton informed me of this). Users on this forum have had blower issues with thge SL line, it was some time ago and do not recall the names, but 3 or 4 at least had issues, not including people who had the issue and didn't post about it). The oil feed is from the top of the blower, so everything has oil on it at all times. The SL units rely on the gears to spread the fluid from the bottom of the blower.

The SOS kit does not "tap" the oil pan. It uses an fittings to return the oil to the oil pan drain plug.

Do NOT buy an SL model, save yourself the headache, and $1000+ out of your pocket when it blows up.
[/quote]
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

is it possible to add the fuel pump relay hardwire link in the fuel section?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
is it possible to add the fuel pump relay hardwire link in the fuel section?
If you put one together, Id be willing to add it. I feel its common knowledge of what needs to be done to hardwire the fuel pump.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by integuy98
I Concur with Rain H8R. My 1220SL just took a dump after sparing use for 14000 miles over a 27 month period. Never tracked, never beat to shit. After a recent 1-3rd gear redline run, my blower is excruciatingly loud. I stop by SOS and they tell me immediately the bearings/internals are shot. SOS offers to send in the unit to Paxton for me to push for a good faith warranty fix even though it's well beyond the 1 year date. Surprisingly, Paxton responds by informing SOS/me that they felt the failure was on them and fixed my blower for FREE! No go on a conversion to Non-SL though, as the parts were different and they would have charged me $900. Guess I'll save that for next time though hopefully this was just a fluke. Just thought I'd post this info in case this helps anyone make a more informed decision.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. But thank you for posting your information about it!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Deuce K
Couldnt think of a better place to pose this question, is there a way to use my pwjdm strut tower bar with my SOS sc? Spacers? Movement of the aftercooler? Anything?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.c...688927,7.247858
Probably not. When I installed my SC, the clearance between my Spoon hood and the top of the aftercooler was way too tight. Actually, it was the reciever for the hood prop and the cooler that touched, but there really isn't that much room to move the TSB up. Besides, with the horizontal bracing already provided in the (egine bay cross beam) a TSB is entirely for show. I suppose there may be a way to move the aftercooler down, but it will involve a lot of custom ducting from the blower to cooler to throttlebody. Now thats a lot of work for no gain, but don't take that as being critical. Most of the money I have spent has been on appearance!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 AM

linesuper, all that shows up for me is you quoting my post
Old 02-10-2012, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Deuce K
linesuper, all that shows up for me is you quoting my post

Yeah, my companies network has turned "funky" and through my PC into a tailspin, it taken me 15 min to do 60 sec of work.

Post has been edited.

Quick Reply: SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky