SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky - Page 147 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
Sponsored by:

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 AM
  #1461  
Community Organizer
 
s2000Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,670
Thanked 183 Times in 173 Posts
Default

I never had belt slip with a 3.2" and standard 5.45" crank pulley.
s2000Junky is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:24 PM
  #1462  
Lex
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 295
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Well, as you can see their seems to be some contradictory information here.. lol

Maybe I should lead with the following question:

Who has experienced belt slip with a a 3.2"pulley and who has not???
Lex is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:16 PM
  #1463  
Community Organizer
 
s2000Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,670
Thanked 183 Times in 173 Posts
Default

Start a poll
s2000Junky is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to s2000Junky For This Useful Post:
Lex (01-14-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 01:43 AM
  #1464  
 
hecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: West of Chi., IL
Posts: 9,063
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Who has experienced belt slip with a a 3.2"pulley and who has not???
I've been running a 3.2" pulley for 5+ years now without any issues. Get a belt tension gauge and set your belt tension to 125lbs and that ought to keep it from slipping. I replace the tension pulley bearings every couple of years as a preventive measure because it's low cost with high insurance value. Having said that, I'm reminding myself to do that again this year. It will be my 6th.

hecash is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hecash For This Useful Post:
Lex (01-14-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 07:10 AM
  #1465  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 90
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

In my experience it was the belt that helped with the 3.2" pulley. With the gatorback I was never able to get it to not slip without putting too much tension on the line. The dayco belt I got from advanced auto parts worked alot bettor.. Only one tightening and another one after it breaks in.

You may want to try the new Gates RPM belt that has good reviews.
jdmz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmz For This Useful Post:
Lex (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 05:33 PM
  #1466  
Lex
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 295
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s2000Junky View Post
Start a poll
Originally Posted by hecash View Post
I've been running a 3.2" pulley for 5+ years now without any issues. Get a belt tension gauge and set your belt tension to 125lbs and that ought to keep it from slipping. I replace the tension pulley bearings every couple of years as a preventive measure because it's low cost with high insurance value. Having said that, I'm reminding myself to do that again this year. It will be my 6th.
Glad to hear that! I actually do the same as a preventative measure. Are you running any special fuel like methanol or e85? Or have you been on just regular pump gas? Reason I ask is b/c I just read on the S2000 Facebook pages that anything smaller than a 3.4 pulley is not safe on pump gas. Is this true?? lol

I really want to throw on a 3.2 pulley but not trying to deal with any headaches on additional fueling modifications. FYI, I have a 2006 so its the returnless fuel system.
Lex is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 05:36 PM
  #1467  
Lex
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 295
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdmz View Post
In my experience it was the belt that helped with the 3.2" pulley. With the gatorback I was never able to get it to not slip without putting too much tension on the line. The dayco belt I got from advanced auto parts worked alot bettor.. Only one tightening and another one after it breaks in.

You may want to try the new Gates RPM belt that has good reviews.
That's interesting. Always heard to go with a gator back to help prevent belt tension. I will look into this, thanks!

Also, are you on regular pump gas (i.e., 93)? What kind of PSI are you seeing with your 3.2" pulley?
Lex is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 05:58 PM
  #1468  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Has anyone tried a v-mount setup with this kit yet? How did it perform and did you use a intercooler or just the heat exchanger.
jmmay is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
rmerchant3
Forced Induction For Sale
4
04-01-2017 11:45 AM
S2-3456789-K
S2000 Forced Induction
32
07-12-2016 05:58 AM
Anees
S2000 Forced Induction
7
05-11-2015 02:40 AM
liquid_helix136
S2000 Forced Induction
6
04-08-2013 12:45 PM
otbs2k
S2000 Forced Induction
22
10-27-2009 10:16 AM


Quick Reply: SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands