S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, anyone know what hoods will fit? Something like a j's would help with the heat, but would it fit over the blower? Just wondering who has done a vented hood on theirs.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Importedpower
Also, anyone know what hoods will fit? Something like a j's would help with the heat, but would it fit over the blower? Just wondering who has done a vented hood on theirs.

I have the Spoon hood, but you have to have the hood prop reciever cut out for it to fit. It contacts the top of the aftercooler. Not sure about other vented hoods.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

just out of curiousity, would 550 injectors be enough for a 1220 blower and 8.5 psi pulley? thats part of my plan for the spring along with ems. shooting for 325whp hopefully.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1315045342' post='20940675
Thanks for the support of the thread! I still have things to add

-more info on what you'll need to make a custom intake, and what you'll have to do to make it work.
-928 Motorsports BLV
-Richard Racing pulleys
-Direct links to SOS pages to buy parts
-recommended injectors
-recommenced fuel pumps
-recommenced engine managements
- If I can ever get my BLV to work, I'll share the results here.
- Recommended injectors are ID1000's in most cases. I'm happy with mine. Exceptions would be a built motor with crazy high boost, or a base kit that doesn't need big injectors.
- Engine management options from an ECU standpoint are:
- AEM, by far the most popular among owners and tuners.
- Hondata, which should help you pass emissions.
- Greddy E-manage Ultimate, which does help pass emissions.

The Greddy is not very popular because most tuners don't know how to tune it. And because it's a piggyback, which apparently doesn't allow as much control / capability as the others. But with that said, I'm happily running it and it works great. The car drives great and I've passed emissions twice with it.
I updated the first post with info on all of this already
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by james0933
If anyone has any info on an intake restrictor as opposed to the boost limited valve, that would nice.
intake restricter? Never heard of it.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
just out of curiousity, would 550 injectors be enough for a 1220 blower and 8.5 psi pulley? thats part of my plan for the spring along with ems. shooting for 325whp hopefully.
I would think so.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just put a SOS SC on my AP2. im running a 5.0 pulley and am making 275hp with an intake air restrictor. i have the large SOS front mount air/h20 intercooler. i also have a 15 row oil cooler. i also have the Comptech ice box cover around my air filter. At the race track last weekend with temps in the air temps 80s my oil temps reached 250f. also my aftercooler temps and i assume my IATS are 130- 150. the oil temps dont really surprise me-although i wished they were cooler- its the iats that i want to decrease. that aftercooler really getd hot! Any ideas? my tuner seemed to think a simple air /air fmic might work better. short of me buying that to test it out does anyone have any ideas about cooling things down. this is my race car.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM

this is a good thread!!! +1!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by gerryk
i just put a SOS SC on my AP2. im running a 5.0 pulley and am making 275hp with an intake air restrictor. i have the large SOS front mount air/h20 intercooler. i also have a 15 row oil cooler. i also have the Comptech ice box cover around my air filter. At the race track last weekend with temps in the air temps 80s my oil temps reached 250f. also my aftercooler temps and i assume my IATS are 130- 150. the oil temps dont really surprise me-although i wished they were cooler- its the iats that i want to decrease. that aftercooler really getd hot! Any ideas? my tuner seemed to think a simple air /air fmic might work better. short of me buying that to test it out does anyone have any ideas about cooling things down. this is my race car.
Its hard to understand you with the way you typed all of that.

Isn't 250 oil temp really high, especially with an aftermarket oil cooler?

What is this air restricter you and another member posted about? Any pictures of that? Post a picture of your intake setup, Id like to see it.

I noticed you said you assume your iats were high, but are you actually monitoring them? If so how are you? Air to air intercoolers work, but you lose boost pressure with them. Stick with the aftercooler, unless you want to spend money and lose boost without throwing a smaller pulley on.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by gerryk
Ok, you are running a racing restictor - doesn't the restrictor creat more back pressure to the aftercooler? If so, and your blow off is recirculating to the intake, it will raise AIT significantly. As far as temps go, you may want a reduced temp fan switch (mishimoto 80 deg C) and look into wetter or some other coolant additive to aid in lowering temps. for my part, I run a standard SOS setup with a 3.8 inch pulley, Mishimoto alumium radiator with stock coolant and fan switch. Operating temps run from 185 to 205 and AIT on a hot afternoon has been as high as 160, but that was in traffic. at speed, AIT typically has been 70 to 80 deg lower than engine temp.

Quick Reply: SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky