S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Options to get to 350-400whp

Old 11-22-2016, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options to get to 350-400whp

Hi guys,

I am relatively new here. I have been lurking the forums for a little while and am now thinking about plaining a build. I have a '07 S2000 that is all stock except for a CAI. I am wanting to get into the power range of 350-400 whp the most efficient way possible while trying to keep the stock look and keeping the care reliable for DD if necessary. I would also like to stay with 93 octane. I was wanting to see what your opinions were on this and what would be needed to get this done. For this power range I believe it would be easier and more cost effective to go with a SC. For this power range what supporting systems would be needed as far as drive train, fuel systems, suspension mods, etc? So far I have been looking at the SOS SC kits but was wanting to see if you had other options in mind?

Thanks! Kris
Old 11-22-2016, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Theres alot of options for that power level. Although, on pump 93 I would not go any higher than 400whp if you want to stay on the safe side. Most superchargers and turbo kits will get you that power except the greddy turbo kit. You will need to upgrade your clutch to one that can handle that power, but as far as the factory transmission and diff, as long as you dont do improper launches or anything abusive you will be ok. The s2000 in its factory state can damage the drivetrain with improper driving habits. As for fuel, you be fine with bigger injectors and fuel pump. My recommendation for that power level would be ID1000 injectors and a walboro 255 fuel pump.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

As for general FI kits that are the most reliable for DD use and longevity, SOS superchargers hands down is the go to. With inexpensive upgraded Novie1200 blower that can be ordered with their kit, it really hits the sweet spot for your power goal with minimal boost. 10-12psi. Running their optional larger racing heat exchanger is not imperative for the street, but it will do a better job of keeping your intake temps cooler from slow DD rush hour grind where heat soak sets in, to anything else you put the car through and the net affect will be a healthier motor long term with better more consistent performance. Id recommend you opt for that upgrade when ordering the kit.

As suggested above, ID 1000 injectors are best. I'm not clear on what's needed for the rest of your fuel system since I have no experience boosting a 06+ DBW s2000, other then I know its a return-less fuel system which puts limitations on what amount of fuel it will deliver without converting it. At 400whp I know those who boost the DBW report not needing to convert anything until around 450whp, but what's not clear to me is if the stock fuel pump is ok or if it needs to be upgraded like our 00-05 cars do under 450whp. Someone will chime in on that I'm sure to help clarify.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 08-02-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the input.

Do you think other than the kit I would be ok with purchasing the SOS 400 hybrid clutch and the SOS 600 BHP fuel system that includes 1k injectors and the AEM 320 fuel pump?

Will I also need to buy an ECU for this? Would I be able to keep the stock exhaust for that power?

Last edited by payday; 11-22-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by payday
Thanks for the input.

Do you think other than the kit I would be ok with purchasing the SOS 400 hybrid clutch and the SOS 600 BHP fuel system that includes 1k injectors and the AEM 320 fuel pump?

Will I also need to buy an ECU for this? Would I be able to keep the stock exhaust for that power?
Yes you will need a ECU. you should be able to hit that power range with stock exhaust and maybe run a test pipe alone. Most will recommend to get a aftermarket exhaust because the stock exhaust will rob some power.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Mate do yourself a favor and watch as many Youtube video clips of Supercharged and Turbo Charged S2000's racing and dyno's.

Do it right the first time mate and go Turbo.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by MARK AUS S2K
Mate do yourself a favor and watch as many Youtube video clips of Supercharged and Turbo Charged S2000's racing and dyno's.

Do it right the first time mate and go Turbo.
He wants a reliable daily, not be under his hood everyday checking for melted wires, cracked manifolds and dump tubes, bolts vibrating lose and random crap that inevitably happens with a Daily turbo. Thats fine for some who drive sparingly and dont mind tinkering daily, but owning a car like that isn't for everyone. This is why a sos supercharger was recommended, because other then an occasional belt snugging and unfamiliar noise on occasion until you get used to it, you can virtually keep the hood closed like it was NA. A 350-400whp Supercharged s2k is still no slouch, I had plenty of fun beating up on modern v8 c6's, Mustangs etc at that power level and at 450whp i more then kept up with the majority of modern exotics. How fast do you need to go? But besides that, a supercharger just makes a better more predictable canon carver, which is more integral to the platform. FI doesn't automatically mean its a strait line race machine, but it can re balance the car to be a superior road course/street machine with power to better match its handing capability.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 11-22-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

I am boosting my track car and I've done a Vortech supercharger on an SHO and I've built quite a few turbo cars and when I weighed in my experiences, I just picked up an EFR 7064 for my S2000. On my SHO, I fought belt slip unless I cranked my belt down... With a Reichard pulley and a heavy duty belt. It showed significant wear on my front, upper main bearing from this.

That said, significant thought will be put into this setup with heat and strength, but it will offer a lot more flexibility in tuning and power/torque curve.
The following users liked this post:
b18egsi (12-15-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Boost is very fun but requires more attention than your usual check oil n go mentality. It can be done correctly both ways... but to be fair i have to agree with Junky going with SOS s/c for the power you are looking for as well as reasonable reliability seems like a no brainer. a supercharger is very fun and power is linear which seems to be what most people like on here... i had a supercharged s2k just recently and i loved it. I was able to beat a decent amount of cars that i never thought i would. i was around 419whp/277 tq on a KW kit... and i loved it. I was lucky and didnt have any of the problems most on here have had with this kit, but also only street drove the car to around 2k miles... But to be honest at the end of the day i wish i was turbo'd... just something about that spoolin sound/feeling and having the power down low always seemed better for what i wanted out of the car.

But a plus about a s/c that is often overlooked is the ability to cut the belt and still be able to drive the car home in a time of need. This to me makes this decision easier if the car is a DD. If i had to go supercharger again, it would be what was recommended on here... stg.2 SOS with upgraded hx and basic upgrade mods like clutch, gauges, fuel...

If you want to go turbo, id go with the SOS turbo kit upgraded to the GT3582 and get the v-mount set up... should be able to hit around 380 whp give or take and have cooling in check... or wait to see what PTUNING has up their sleeve in the upcoming months on announcing if they are going to host a GB for their kit...another awesome kit.

best advice i can give you, is think it through, research, and make the correct decision once...otherwise youll be kicking yourself wanting something different in the future, or spending double down the road when you could have done it correct the first time... update us...
Old 11-25-2016, 06:05 AM

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. The reason I was looking into SC over Turbo is because I want the most reliable and easiest to install setup. I've had other turbo cars in the past and they were a lot of fun, but I think I would prefer to go the safer route this time around.

Quick Reply: Options to get to 350-400whp