S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Motor mount wont fit!

Old 12-18-2017, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount wont fit!

I installed a pro street full race turbo kit with a borgwarner s200sxe turbo, i removed the motor mount to fit the damn manifold and turbo, now i can't get it back in, i tried jacking up the motor an

I can fit this piece no problem but getting the other to fall inline with the screw just aint happenning, i can also bolt ob the top piece but fitting the bottom piece aint happening.

d all. I looked at after market mounts i dont know if they're some smaller ones

im planning on grinding down the motor mounts enough to make it fit, i dont know if its a good idea.

what yall think???

Last edited by S2kMano; 12-18-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

You would need to provide more description and/or photos showing how it isn't fitting.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fokker
You would need to provide more description and/or photos showing how it isn't fitting.
i put some photos and a better description
Old 12-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Community Organizer

Do the engine mount brackets attach to the block without contacting the turbo? If so, then it should fit unless the turbo is contacting the frame there. If the turbo is contacting when you jack it up high enough, then you may need to get creative with the install.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fokker
Do the engine mount brackets attach to the block without contacting the turbo? If so, then it should fit unless the turbo is contacting the frame there. If the turbo is contacting when you jack it up high enough, then you may need to get creative with the install.

i am gonna try a few more time, dont really want to grind down the mount, and yes the turbo is getting in the way of the top mount,
Old 12-18-2017, 11:54 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by S2kMano
i am gonna try a few more time, dont really want to grind down the mount, and yes the turbo is getting in the way of the top mount,
Was this turbo kit built around a specific aftermarket mount? If it's specifically designed for an S2K, it should clear the OEM mounts (I would hope). I wouldn't start shaving material off of the factory piece.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Are the bottom nuts loose on the mount (on the subframe)?

You may get the angle you need to drop the aluminum mount in there if everything is loose. I can't tell from the pics.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had to switch to Hasport motor mounts when I installed my Full-Race pro street kit with a GTX3576 1.06 housing. Stock mount would not fit....Hasport mount provided enough clearance.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those borg warners are some seriously big turbo's. If you put it downwards, I think youre better of with a garrett
Old 12-20-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kMano
I installed a pro street full race turbo kit with a borgwarner s200sxe turbo, i removed the motor mount to fit the damn manifold and turbo, now i can't get it back in, i tried jacking up the motor an

I can fit this piece no problem but getting the other to fall inline with the screw just aint happenning, i can also bolt ob the top piece but fitting the bottom piece aint happening.

d all. I looked at after market mounts i dont know if they're some smaller ones

im planning on grinding down the motor mounts enough to make it fit, i dont know if its a good idea.

what yall think???
Switch turbos or manifold or get ptuning motor mounts bro. If they sell just the ptuning mounts might be the cheapest route... Price we all pay for the awesome tuuuthuutuutuu sound

Quick Reply: Motor mount wont fit!