S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Tuner Review AP1Chief

Old 01-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tuner Review AP1Chief

So I have been needing to do a review but have lacked the time which brings me to why I sourced a tuner that could fit my credentials. I needed someone that in essence come to me and that would work with my hectic schedule. I did a quick search and found a review that another member did on Josh and was impressed with his results. I decided to shoot him a message and give him my goals. We conversed back and forth a bit and I decided to give it a shot. Car has a King Performance Stage 1 kit on it with the 6262 option. Josh had me do a few things before getting started, making sure Wideband read correctly, and boost controller was wired into AEM unit. Josh had me idle the car and did a remote into my surface laptop and from there did a base tune. Within the first session the car idled better, wasn't so rich, and even basic operation was restored so I could cruise without gasing out the neighborhood. From there we did a few pulls from low rpm to right before vtec, after about the third pull he was comfortable to get it rolling from there. We then started the fun stuff tuning from waste gate spring pressure. This took a few tries as the car was ridiculously rich but by the third pull he had us where we needed to be. Once the car was comfortable we started playing with the boost, again I told him my expectations of what I wanted to do with the car and Josh told me where he felt comfortable with the car being at while also giving me the power I wanted. He settled it down by sitting with me in the car and spent a solid 35-40 minutes making sure idle and fuel were where they needed to be. Car cruises great and smooth, responds amazing, and I am just elated! By the end of the tune we were at 460 with right around 14-14.5lbs. I have been VERY happy with Josh and most importantly want to stress how flexible he was. He did all the tuning during the Christmas and New Years holiday. He pushed me to get the car done as with a wife and kids and a busy schedule it has been hard to find time and break away and when I can it is either late at night or randomly throughout the day. Any time I had an opportunity to do a pull Josh was right there to answer any questions and accommodate ME that was huge and goes a long way. He made sure to always let me know that I wasn't bugging him and even some nights when we weren't tuning would just talk back and forth which made it even more personable. I started off looking for a tuner and ended up with a fellow s2k friend. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good tune!
The following users liked this post:
AP1Chief (01-05-2018)