S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Turbo s2k or 360 modena

Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

completely 2 different cars....if your buying a ferrari for status then do it but if your thinking performance then turbo the s2000
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
I'm gonna assume when you say I've saved up a lot of money, you mean like 50+k. I personally love my turbo s2k and If money were no object i'd sure as f-ck love a ferrari. But realistically can you really afford a ferrari. Do you own a 500k+ house. Do you have a 6+ figure income. Do you have large amounts of realestate or investments. If you do then by all means buy the ferrari. If your 23 and live in an apartment then no don't by the ferrari. No offense, but a young man who can afford that type of luxury is not driving a s2k. I don't think you understand the level of maintainence and ownership cost that comes with a car like that. Not to mention the notorious unreliability. Do yourself a favor and mod the S. It'll still be far better and more reliable than the ferrari ever would. Not to mention waaayyy cheaper to own. Personally if I were you I'd invest some of that money thats burning a hole in you pocket. In 20 years or so it'll grow enough to buy yourself a much nicer, newer ferrari. Just an opinion. Make sure to post up pics of the ferrari if you decide to take the plunge.
This. But if you can afford all that comes with the Ferrari, go for it. 360 > turbo S2K for me though.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be way out in left field, but what about a lotus exige s?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be way out in left field, but what about a lotus exige s?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Get the Ferrari - they have better forums you can troll. Can't believe I clicked on this thread...
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 PM

You know what's funny about this?
If you go on ANY other forum besides Honda tech or s2ki, They are going to think you're out of your effing mind to even think of considering an s2k over a 360.
The only logic I'd see in this s2k would be a built track car; but as an all around car to drive and show off- um, duh 360 if you actually have the money to drop.
Lol

Which leads to my point of a ditto to japhethwar. I learned the hard way just with my S when it came to all the money I could have right now to put down for a nice house. I an only imagine a Ferrari. Bottom line: for someone asking if the should get a Ferrari on the s2k forums, they probably aren't nearly close to being ready to practically getting one and maintaining and owning it.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 AM

Dont take this the wrong way but a 360 is the boxster of the Ferrari line up. They're old, performance is not up to par with what it should be, and they're inexpensive. I would rather buy a regular sporty newer car than to own the poormans Ferrari. Yes, in the end it's still a Ferrari, but it's the one most true Ferrari enthuasts laugh at...there's a reason why theyre so cheap to buy, but not maintain.

It's obvious that you want it to show off, and just to say that you have one. No matter the model they are extremely expensive to maintain. However, one of my clients and great friend, who happens to own 5 ferraris, told me its all relative. While a normal person spends roughy $500 a year on an oil change, let's say, Ferrari owners spend it as well. The difference lies that they usually don't drive the car very often so our 10 oil changes equal one of theirs. In the end, it's the same, so if you can afford to drive the car less than 3k miles a year, and save up for maintenance in the meantime, then by all means, get one.

I would rather spend the money, if I had ~$70k to spend, on a GTR. Much better car than an old school, played out 360. IMO.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 AM

both!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

turbo s2k rapes a 360..

360 gets more vag...

its a tough call

Personally Id get a newer Z06 and boost that, spending $60k on a 10 year old car seems kind of ridiculous to me
Old 05-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Viper ACR, rapes both of them

Honestly, a 360 looks rediculous, the sound is umatched when it comes to awesomeness, but the Turbo S would be faster. Im more of a show off guy, Id take the Ferrari in a second, lol.

This thread is funny, "Ferrari or Honda", lol

Quick Reply: Turbo s2k or 360 modena