S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What's needed to acheive 320-340 whp CT-E S/C on an AP1?

Old 07-16-2018, 10:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you search, you can see that Jei at Blacktrax tuned my car when it was S/C’d (its turbo’d now). I would fork out the cash to get an EMS and injectors. I had my SOS kit for 8 years and had to pass smog every couple of years. With the SOS kit (stage 2), it’s easy to revert partially back to stock to pass CA smog. You just take off the blower bracket and blower, remove aftercooler, swap injectors and ECU, hook up the vacuum hoses, put on the cat converter, plug up the oil pan drain plug, and connect the heat exchanger hoses. Things like the heat exchanger, VTEC s/c mount bracket, and s/c crankshaft pulley stay on. Since I was familiar with the kit and it’s so simple, p I could be back to stock to pass smog in 4 hours.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by soulicious
If you search, you can see that Jei at Blacktrax tuned my car when it was S/C’d (its turbo’d now). I would fork out the cash to get an EMS and injectors. I had my SOS kit for 8 years and had to pass smog every couple of years. With the SOS kit (stage 2), it’s easy to revert partially back to stock to pass CA smog. You just take off the blower bracket and blower, remove aftercooler, swap injectors and ECU, hook up the vacuum hoses, put on the cat converter, plug up the oil pan drain plug, and connect the heat exchanger hoses. Things like the heat exchanger, VTEC s/c mount bracket, and s/c crankshaft pulley stay on. Since I was familiar with the kit and it’s so simple, p I could be back to stock to pass smog in 4 hours.
I would shoot myself after the second time of basically having to remove the entire kit to take emissions. I just don't see that as good advice here. Stick with the carb legal CT kit. You can leave it at stage 1, or you can up it to what ever level you want and address swapping the ems and injectors, that's it.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I would shoot myself after the second time of basically having to remove the entire kit to take emissions. I just don't see that as good advice here. Stick with the carb legal CT kit. You can leave it at stage 1, or you can up it to what ever level you want and address swapping the ems and injectors, that's it.
I think I'm liking this input the most.
You think I can get some decent power if I don't modify the exhaust?

Thank you all for caring and taking the time to provide your experiences and knowledge. I appreciate it.

Last edited by Magics; 07-17-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM

I said partially remove. Either way, you’re paying way too much if you buy a new carb CT kit (5500) for 6psi/<300whp vs a stage 2 SOS kit (6400)with EMS and injectors with room to grow with a more refined kit. It’s your money. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soulicious
I said partially remove. Either way, you’re paying way too much if you buy a new carb CT kit (5500) for 6psi/<300whp vs a stage 2 SOS kit (6400)with EMS and injectors with room to grow with a more refined kit. It’s your money. Good luck.

You can get a N1200 CT kit with a 10psi pulley and injectors with a CARB sticker
Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
You can get a N1200 CT kit with a 10psi pulley and injectors with a CARB sticker
It looks like he has an AP1. How is he going to use aftermarket injectors with his stock ECU? He’s probably better off with a N1220 for his levels. For a smidge more, he can have an EMS to take advantage of lowering VTEC, adjusting timing, logging, expandability, etc. For the price, that’s better then utilizing an FMU. I’ve been there and done that. I’m just throwing my two cents since ppl end up itching for more power. Okay, I sound like I’m a salesman for SOS, lol.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:55 AM

Since I have an AP1, what EMS should I get? Hondata will require extra work..

EMS is something I haven't done my research on. Any recomendations? Is buying a higher priced one worth it and why?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

AEM EMS V2 is great my Fav
Old 07-18-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by AP1Chief
AEM EMS V2 is great my Fav
It's $1.4K+ what makes that so great?

Why not just buy a V1?
Old 07-18-2018, 05:39 PM

AEM EMS 2 comes with the SOS stage 2 kit.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...all-years.html

My whole point was that it’s a better deal vs a CT kit for that comes with an FMU for your tuning solution. Again, I’m not a SOS salesman as I’m turbo’d now, but it’s a solid kit. It’s straightforward to go back to stock for smog.

Quick Reply: What's needed to acheive 320-340 whp CT-E S/C on an AP1?