S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Whipple Supercharger S2000 Kit

Old 05-21-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
I think your confusing what im saying. Or maybe im communicating it awkwardly. They posted dyno numbers of 440hp on 17psi on e85 on a 2.2l motor. I stated that seemed low, i would expect another 100hp, discounting the compression being lower. Asked for additional info on fuel, etc. Asked if it was a low reading dyno because at 17psi on e85 supercharged s2000s are putting out much higher numbers. They responded it was in fact a low reading dyno. So where is the issue?
There are a lot of things that can happen in an individual dyno run (or run down the strip). An example was Sunday's Indy qualifying, where clouds determined the starting order.

For a supercharger with an air-to-water intercooler, they include atmospheric temp and pressure, intercooler water temp and volume, intercooler efficiency which can be affected by how the air is blown through it, the octane of the fuel, and if the fuel is oxygenated. Fill a large water volume intercooler with 35F water on a 40F day with 30.5 in Hg pressure and the results will be higher, especially if tuning the ignition time, fuel, and boost.

Any boost in octane would allow more boost and ignition timing.

Therefore knowing the conditions is critical to evaluating the results. Could some get 525hp on 2.153@8200 rpm with 17psi? Possibly, but some other factor would have been juiced.

https://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

https://www.dynomitedynamometer.com/...horsepower.htm

Relative Horsepower Calculator

This stuff could be a 10% difference.

Note that friction is where a lot of the power goes. It is possible to focus on building a low drag engine. In big dollar, competitive racing series it is the norm. However, I would be shocked if anyone running an S2000 did that...there is no racing series where it would be a benefit and there are far less expensive ways to make power.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Your expectations are not accurate or realistic based on the averages.
saying its not realistic based on averages is an oxymoron. seeing as how an average is based off of both high and low end numbers, if one person is capable, there's no reason others aren't as well under the same conditions. there are enough e85 supercharged s2000's in the 500's for the expectation of 500+ to be realistic. there are 3 alone in my shitty little state of ct, none of which are even on this forum anymore because of toxic comments like yours. your basing your statement on an opinion on what you consider average. anyone running over 400hp on pump gas is capable of putting out over 440 on e85, and LHT has installed over 60 kw kits all doing that standing on their heads, not to mention countless SOS kits over 450 and the tts kits on the market as well

this is a perfect example of 3 different vehicles with 3 different kits on pump gas, that on e85 would provide more power, one of which did actually put out more power on pump gas

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...n1200-1136585/

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
There are a lot of things that can happen in an individual dyno run (or run down the strip). An example was Sunday's Indy qualifying, where clouds determined the starting order.

For a supercharger with an air-to-water intercooler, they include atmospheric temp and pressure, intercooler water temp and volume, intercooler efficiency which can be affected by how the air is blown through it, the octane of the fuel, and if the fuel is oxygenated. Fill a large water volume intercooler with 35F water on a 40F day with 30.5 in Hg pressure and the results will be higher, especially if tuning the ignition time, fuel, and boost.

Any boost in octane would allow more boost and ignition timing.

Therefore knowing the conditions is critical to evaluating the results. Could some get 525hp on 2.153@8200 rpm with 17psi? Possibly, but some other factor would have been juiced.

https://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

https://www.dynomitedynamometer.com/...horsepower.htm

Relative Horsepower Calculator

This stuff could be a 10% difference.

Note that friction is where a lot of the power goes. It is possible to focus on building a low drag engine. In big dollar, competitive racing series it is the norm. However, I would be shocked if anyone running an S2000 did that...there is no racing series where it would be a benefit and there are far less expensive ways to make power.
thank you for explaining shit i already know... i don't need an explanation how hp is achieved i asked for more info on the kit, tune and whether the dyno reads low. your responses are a waste of page space as i was not directing any questions towards you. i could give rats ass what your responses are since you obviously didn't have a hand in developing the kit

the guy who actually developed the kit, already responded to one of the questions regarding the dyno however didn't answer my other questions. i would appreciate if you stopped responding to me

Old 05-21-2019, 05:40 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JSanford2032
It is a low reading dyno. Just to show a comparison we are going to bring it to a local shop dyno with the same tune and make a few dyno pulls. Once we can get in there we will post the results. That may be more comparable to others' dynos they are used to seeing the car on.

thank you for responding to this, i look forward to seeing the dyno sheets on a different dyno for comparison... also I didn't see anything posted regarding which injectors/fuel pump is being used

thanks!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:47 AM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

SUBBED
Old 05-22-2019, 03:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
thank you for responding to this, i look forward to seeing the dyno sheets on a different dyno for comparison... also I didn't see anything posted regarding which injectors/fuel pump is being used

thanks!
Ah sorry must have missed that. The car had a walbro 450 and ID2000s. The car was originally a turbo setup car. We removed it to develop this. That is why the engine is lower compression and stuff.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

How about we all calm down? I expect better from long time members of the forum so only warning. Just move along. Happy to lock the thread as well if it's just going to spiral into a further cluster.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:02 AM

Systems are now shipping out and completed. The came out looking amazing with the highest quality!

Old 06-24-2019, 07:54 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Two questions:

1. What provision has been made for a heat exchanger? There is no heat exchanger in the photos.

2. What does the last component would be an elongated opening connect to?

Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Two questions:

1. What provision has been made for a heat exchanger? There is no heat exchanger in the photos.

2. What does the last component would be an elongated opening connect to?

Looks like the big aluminum block with runners is the heat exchanger. You can see some fins in the square opening in the second pic.

Also, the pipe with the elongated opening would connect to the inlet of the supercharger--which isn't pictured. From memory, these superchargers draw in air from an oval opening at the end opposite of the pulley gear. Looks like it couples to the aluminum pipe, which connects to the TB.

That's what I make of it by looking at the installed pics on their website.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:26 AM

There is a air to water intercooler core built into the manifold. Just hook up the water system and away you go.

Are you referring to the black component? That is the intake elbow for the supercharger.

Quick Reply: Whipple Supercharger S2000 Kit