S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

wiring defi boost with ctsc

Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring defi boost with ctsc

comptech novi1000

ive been looking at installed for both the ESM and defi BF boost, and all tutorials recommend using the empty terminals in the fuse box.

I was wondering what would be the best way to install both of these units?

should i install the gauges into the open terminal and tap the ESM power to the same power terminal as the gauge?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

if you are referring to the map clamp esm that comes with the supercharger kit i recommend you buy a pnp harness for that one ecu connector and solder the esm in using that harness extension power the esm with the map sensor power and then you can go back to stock easily and you have to solder as you will adjust the voltage to the hundreds 2.93v output and i power my gauges from the terminal on the fuse panel although i recommend a smaller fuse inline so you don't hurt the gauge if it shorts good luck and boomslang or frog harness should have what you need i am running emanage now but my esm is still hooked to power i just bypassed the map output so if i ever have trouble with emanage i can still get the car home without a lot of work
Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by s2k manic
if you are referring to the map clamp esm that comes with the supercharger kit i recommend you buy a pnp harness for that one ecu connector and solder the esm in using that harness extension power the esm with the map sensor power and then you can go back to stock easily and you have to solder as you will adjust the voltage to the hundreds 2.93v output and i power my gauges from the terminal on the fuse panel although i recommend a smaller fuse inline so you don't hurt the gauge if it shorts good luck and boomslang or frog harness should have what you need i am running emanage now but my esm is still hooked to power i just bypassed the map output so if i ever have trouble with emanage i can still get the car home without a lot of work

i heard you dont really have to solder, but wiring wise i can just connect the power to the ecu?

and like you said you connected the gauge wire to the open terminal, correct?

and yea im talking about the little box that comes with the supercharger
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would recommend soldering or crimping on some terminals. Last thing you want is a power wire to your ecu coming loose on the road.

I would wire the esm directly to the ecu and use the spare fusebox terminal for the gauge.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Community Organizer

you really need to solder like i said you are adjusting the voltage clamp to the hundredth of a volt you don't want any resistance in the wiring and i only mention using a pnp harness so you aren't cutting the factory wires and power it off the map sensor voltage that way you don't have to run more wires than necessary plus the map sensor and esm should share the ground to reduce the chance of erratic voltage. i am powering both my gauges and several other accessories off the fuse panel spade terminal so there is nothing wrong with that. good luck if you can solder good you should have no problem remember to set the voltage on the esm
Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Ahh I see. I thought the esm was just a small box u connect to the ecu, how do u adjust the voltage? Also the fpr that comes with comptech sc, is that adjustable?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Community Organizer

there is a small screw on the side and two holes on top where it says comptech you put the positive and negative leads of a voltage tester in those with key on and adjust the screw until the meter reads 2.93 vdc good luck. if you search the forums there are several write ups about comptech sc installs and faqs that's where i started i know you've been flamed on some of your other posts so do a little research that way you will get you answers quicker