The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

EVS Tuning Dry Carbon Door Cards

Old 06-07-2018, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no no need for these to be made in dry carbon, people don’t want these for weight savings they want them for the room they will give, and really how much more can normal carbon fiber actually weigh? A couple more ounces?

$1300 dollars is insane for some door panels, you really should make them in a far more affordable material, and the window switch and mirror control location looks like shit and an afterthought
Old 06-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

$1300 is ridiculous price for a cut piece like that

we can buy the similar panels for less than $200
http://www.checkerdsports.com/csprod...r%20Panel.html
Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

You can buy bubbletech carbon door cards for the FD for less than half of this, these being dry carbon is just for the guy that wants to say he has $1300 door panels.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
Price is not for everyone. These are made of DRY CARBON, Precision CNC cut, Pre preg dry carbon thats made in USA.

Same concept can be seen on custom front Splitters. there are aluminum home depot splitters you can get for $~200, than you can also get a dry carbon splitter for ~$2,000 +
It just doesn't make sense to use a more expensive material like dry carbon for this piece. It's not very functional, the weight savings are very minimal, and it's not like it adds any extra structural rigidity. You guys had a lot of interest and could have sold these like crazy, but you turned it into a bragging rights piece. Even if it was the normal glossy carbon, if people wanted to have the "dry carbon" look they can just matte clear it. I'm sure if these were priced $500-$600 people would definitely buy them, even that is a more premium price compared to competitors' $300 range.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

yea, i agree i am in a bit of a shock and scratching my head at who the target audience is. If these are targeted at track guys who care about weight savings; then you missed your mark completely.
It looks like this is catered at show "track inspired" cars that will never see a time.

I was going to make my own last summer, and then you guys released some of your concepts i thought "oh cool" a local shop making some; ill wait.
but just like said by Jaor; i thought these were going to be in a standard carbon and in the 300-500 price range.

There are local SoCal shops whom make them in carbon; with a cutouts of a customers choosing for $300. I wanted to support Evasive; but i dont know who these are aimed at.

If you guys have some feedback if you are planning to make these in a standard carbon, and in a reasonable price range. Then i am sure this part will regain confidence.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
It just doesn't make sense to use a more expensive material like dry carbon for this piece. It's not very functional, the weight savings are very minimal, and it's not like it adds any extra structural rigidity. You guys had a lot of interest and could have sold these like crazy, but you turned it into a bragging rights piece. Even if it was the normal glossy carbon, if people wanted to have the "dry carbon" look they can just matte clear it. I'm sure if these were priced $500-$600 people would definitely buy them, even that is a more premium price compared to competitors' $300 range.
Well, this piece is a technically like you said. a show piece. There is no real rigidity added. For those guys that trying to save weight, they would not even consider door cards. you would just leave your door gutted, correct? This is not for everyone. it is for the 1% of owners out there that want something of high quality material. its a bolt on piece made of high quality dry carbon. CNC cut. Of course the price is going to be high compared to aluminum. feel free to stop by anytime, and i can show you the quality in these pieces and you will see why it costs this much.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:58 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I get it. I can see this type of pricing, per door, in the Porsche world. On a Honda forum though, little hard to sell as you can see. Nice product tho.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BroxS2K
These look way better than the first one-off pieces made for the early customer! Definitely an icing-on-the-cake mod once everything else has been sorted, but these sure look the tits!
I agree. Those first ones didnt look as refined without the speaker and switch cutouts. I really like how you guys chose to do the speaker holes rather than just cutting a big hole for the speaker. Really nice touch. Quality looks top notch!

Originally Posted by Jae2K
Quality looks awesome. Perforation above the speaker is a cool design. Everything looks great. Only gripe would be the placement of the window and mirror controls. Looks really awkward. Like which arm do I use to toggle those switches. Read over with my right? Or scoot over far enough to bend my left. Hm.
Good point lol. I tried to go through the motion of pushing the switches and it feels like your arm would be in an awkward position. At least the switches are upright though. In the first ones they were sideways...

Last edited by Type S; 07-25-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any price drops?? Let's get these sold!