The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Prototype 1 piece CR Ap2 bumper w/ brake ducts made out of Polyurethane

Old 02-06-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sure you guys are aware but just an FYI for anyone else. The raised center section of the CR lip is a functional aspect, if I'm not mistaken it prevents air stalling under braking or slower speeds. I understand it is a nuisance for mounting a splitter. Maybe some spacers for the center section of the CR lip to the splitter would have been a better option. Definitely a thumbs up for molding the lip to the bumper though. The grill being molded to the bumper is probably not the best for racecars in case of damage. Still props for this.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:46 AM

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

When will it be available for purchase?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a few people ask my thoughts on this bumper, and decided to check out the thread for myself. Also read through the comments, and thought I'd address some things I saw, since I deal with aftermarket aero on a daily basis. It's good to ask questions and have standards, but many things about this bumper are better than what the OEM one even has. The MSRP is fair given it's urethane and new, but there's so much that Honda has messed up on our cars, that I feel we should be going after them, but everyone's usually more critical of the aftermarket companies.

- Slight alteration to the CR lip's original design will affect the intended design slightly with the center being raised, but it's to be used in conjunction with a splitter. Even without a splitter the lip does not look that different than the original design.

- Integrated brake ducts as Freq mentioned, are a nice touch, and finally secured properly with screws, instead of ducts I've sold that have had issues staying on.

- Splash guards and fender liner can still be used, and if anything, I personally rather not have the holes drilled. One reason is because I've seen many other companies including my own, drill them incorrectly a bit. Another is that I wouldn't want holes that I won't be using. I have 30mm fenders that can't be used with the OEM fender liner, and I don't have my splash guard anymore either, but had issues mounting that to other bumpers I've run, so I just removed the entire thing (i'll eventually put one back in).

- In regards to the emblem and tow hook cover... I had my emblem, tow hook cover and license plate holes shaved on my AP2 bumper (done correctly melting plastic into the holes), and like aftermarket bumpers for that reason. Always easier to drill the holes for the emblems and so forth, than having them shaved. The only thing that should be used for the OEM tow hook is just a transponder, for the track guys. The owners manual even states how little you can use the OEM tow hook. It has to be towed on flat ground, and only straight. You're not even supposed to use it to get onto a flatbed, so that's why many use nicer looking and stronger ones like ASM, J's, etc.

- Last issue i can remember reading about is the grill, which I thought was a nice addition of the bumper, by having it molded in. I didn't have a grill a grill on my AP2 front bumper, but that's also because it came off and got lost on the freeway somewhere. The clips holding that in are terrible, and that's a super common issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gunshow:
HMBS2K (02-13-2017), iloveboost (02-19-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex, is it available for purchase yet?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^Soon. We are about 60 days out from receiving our shipment.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Alex, would you offer this prepainted? I can understand if not as paint match may be a concern for many, just figured I'd ask.

looking forward to the release product available for purchase.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The day this comes available, I'm gonna be all over it. I need this in my life!

Kudos to you and your crew, Alex. The time and care spent designing this shows in the pictures and really speaks volumes to the quality of this piece.
Super stoked to one day have one on my S2000!
Old 05-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Look what just arrived.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Can you guys do a write-up with pics, showing how this installs on an AP1?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

^The photos in the first page are on an Ap1 with head light conversion to Ap2.

Quick Reply: Prototype 1 piece CR Ap2 bumper w/ brake ducts made out of Polyurethane