The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

PSA: Stolen wheels

Old 05-24-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSA: Recovering stolen wheels

Mods if this is the wrong place please move to the proper section.

So about 6-7 years ago my buddy had his wheels stolen from his house. They're red BBS LMs and the only set in that shade of red that we know of in this area (Connecticut.) Fast forward to May 2017, a guy posts a set of red LMs for sale on an S2000 forum on facebook. Now I know at this point a lot of you may be thinking "how do you know they're your buddy's? They could be powdercoated red." Yes I thought that too, but after doing some investigating we're 99% sure that these are the exact wheels.

The first thing that raised some suspicions was the fact that the guy had NO CLUE what the specs were. Literally on the post he said he doesn't know what his specs were.
The second thing that was suspicious was when my buddy commented saying what his specs were, the seller deleted the post and blocked my friend. Hmm, weird.
The thing that more or less confirmed that these are my friend's wheels is that afterwards my buddy's mom decided to creep on this guy's profile and found pictures of the wheels mounted with the original tires. When my buddy had the wheels, there was a leak on his passenger front tire. They were 205/40 Falken 512s stretched. There was a picture on this guy's facebook with the front wheels mounted on the wrong side (lol) and the driver side front tire tread pattern was reversed and the tire was flat.

Is this guy the one who stole the wheels in the first place? We don't know. But what we are very certain is that these are his wheels and it's only right that he gets his property back.
My buddy is in the middle of trying to recover his wheels but has no idea how to go about it. The guy owns an NFR AP1 and was also trying to sell the car on craigslist.
The guy has since taken down his other for sale post and his craigslist ad taken down. If anyone comes across a set of 17 inch red LMs that comes out of the New England or Tri-State area please be aware!

Pictures of the wheels on my friend's car:

PSA: Stolen wheels-ged9z0f.jpg

morning of theft

PSA: Stolen wheels-xycihng.jpg

New "owner". I'm hiding the guy's face and name for privacy. This isn't meant to expose anyone, this is just to keep a lookout for the wheels if the guy has sold them before my buddy is able to recover them.

PSA: Stolen wheels-6yg4zew.jpg

PSA: Stolen wheels-d0pm9vz.jpg

Falken 512s in the wrong direction

PSA: Stolen wheels-hxqfdgw.png

PSA: Stolen wheels-qel9cvv.jpg

Last edited by matt.the.lee; 05-24-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

It really all depends if your local PD wants to pursue this. You are going to need to be able to provide the specs and more info than just sale posts.
Law enforcement usually will assist in stolen property. but there is always the what if.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
It really all depends if your local PD wants to pursue this. You are going to need to be able to provide the specs and more info than just sale posts.
Law enforcement usually will assist in stolen property. but there is always the what if.
It's still an open case. I agree that there is the what ifs, but there's all sorts of speculations that are adding up. Worst case scenario, the wheels aren't his and we all move on with our lives.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

The front wheels on the black one look like a lower offset. 6-7 years ago is a long time - did he file a claim with the PD when they were stolen?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
The front wheels on the black one look like a lower offset. 6-7 years ago is a long time - did he file a claim with the PD when they were stolen?
Yes 6-7 years is a long time. He did file a claim with his local PD. He still has a copy of the police report.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"two peace bbs lm"

What a ****ing dumbass.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't have much advice on the wheels but I do remember that car very well and believe I still have some pictures of it saved somewhere. Call up the guy and ask him where he got them from.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

serial numbers, this is why you should write down and take pics of serial numbers. find out the local PD guy that's got the case. then start calling him every day and become a problem for him and you may get lucky.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by deception9
serial numbers, this is why you should write down and take pics of serial numbers. find out the local PD guy that's got the case. then start calling him every day and become a problem for him and you may get lucky.
This ^^

In situation like this having serial numbers mean everything
Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hope he finds the wheels, that’s bs.

Quick Reply: PSA: Stolen wheels