The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Re-Painted my whole Car.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might as well call it a sky line, because I see blue and clouds haha.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, tough crowd.

You know when you go out to purchase a car and find out it has been repainted? Then you wonder why it has been painted and question the seller if the car been in an accident or whatnot? Repainting the car looks good but people question why; therefore, you don't talk about it and just say it's mint.

"flap their gums" lol, I never heard that one.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Haha, tough crowd.

You know when you go out to purchase a car and find out it has been repainted? Then you wonder why it has been painted and question the seller if the car been in an accident or whatnot? Repainting the car looks good but people question why; therefore, you don't talk about it and just say it's mint.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Gatsbee13

any pics prior to the paint job?
Old 03-03-2015, 05:03 PM

Haha, tough crowd.

It's time to stop posting now.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Although it looks good, repainting a car an OEM color is kind of like taboo sex. Its soo good, but you don't go out and tell your neighbors what you did.
I actually feel the opposite. If im going to go a totally different color id rather wrap it then have to yank out the engine and other parts to do it correctly with paint.

To the OP
LBP is and has always been my favorite s2k color and im glad you refreshed the entire exterior of the car with the same exact oem color. The way I look at it the car is 7 years old so a fresh layer of paint in the same color isn't a bad thing. I plan to do the same to mine since its a black ap2..
Old 03-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Haha, tough crowd.

You must be the type of person that would lie about it and say it is factory paint
Old 03-03-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by meccjoo
Originally Posted by Gotpepsi' timestamp='1425433739' post='23526625
Haha, tough crowd.

You must be the type of person that would lie about it and say it is factory paint
And throw a "bro" in at the end of that sentence.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
any pics prior to the paint job?
The car is a 2008 but there were a lot of rock chips and the front bumper color was slightly off.... I bought it last November but after a lot of time detailing the car i have come to grow dissatisifed with the overall health of the paint.... it was in NO way bad however im just really anal and want things to be perfect, just my OCD.

Here she is after a 6 hour detailing session and color correction.... you can clearly see the front bumper is slightly off.

Another right before she went in for paint. Notice the front OEM lip with OEM paint is off...

The car is now perfect. Another reason why i wanted to repaint was because of the stupid XM Radio Antenna (Hole) and I wasn't a fan of the OEM Spoiler.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks minty fresh!

Quick Reply: Re-Painted my whole Car.