The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Re-Painted my whole Car.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Haha, tough crowd.

You know when you go out to purchase a car and find out it has been repainted? Then you wonder why it has been painted and question the seller if the car been in an accident or whatnot? Repainting the car looks good but people question why; therefore, you don't talk about it and just say it's mint.

"flap their gums" lol, I never heard that one.
Paint Neglect by the previuos owner.... Yes, detailing did "Enhance" the paint but there were spots where i could not correct. The many rock chips on the hood and fenders kinda pushed me to do this as well. Plus look at my headlights!! They look awesome.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
Originally Posted by meccjoo' timestamp='1425434993' post='23526650
[quote name='Gotpepsi' timestamp='1425433739' post='23526625']
Haha, tough crowd.

You know when you go out to purchase a car and find out it has been repainted? Then you wonder why it has been painted and question the seller if the car been in an accident or whatnot? Repainting the car looks good but people question why; therefore, you don't talk about it and just say it's mint.

You must be the type of person that would lie about it and say it is factory paint BRO
And throw a "bro" in at the end of that sentence.
[/quote]

I actually would not mention it, which is why I made that comparison... (...)

Anyways, I think the car looks very nice.
When you got the car back from the shop, would you say that the paint is equal too or better than OEM quality? Could you tell that the car has been repainted?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Originally Posted by fernando.' timestamp='1425435755' post='23526666
[quote name='meccjoo' timestamp='1425434993' post='23526650']
[quote name='Gotpepsi' timestamp='1425433739' post='23526625']
Haha, tough crowd.

You must be the type of person that would lie about it and say it is factory paint BRO
And throw a "bro" in at the end of that sentence.
[/quote]

I actually would not mention it, which is why I made that comparison... (...)

Anyways, I think the car looks very nice.
When you got the car back from the shop, would you say that the paint is equal too or better than OEM quality? Could you tell that the car has been repainted?
[/quote]

OEM paint from Honda is nothing to write home about.... While factory paint is good its not perfect. they did a great job with mine. No orange peel or overspray anywhere on the car. Nobody would notice it wasnt OEM.

I only use trusted body shops and the shop i chose work exclusively with Exotics. If people entrust them with their Ferrari's, Porsches and Lambo's i can certainly trust them with my Honda.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks good. I've been thinking of doing the same thing to my 06 LBP because of all the rock chips and some other imperfections. Honda knows how to make an engine, but their paint skills are sorely lacking. Mind saying how much it cost? Did the shop do all the disassembly and reassembly or did you do some of the work?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyKarl
Looks good. I've been thinking of doing the same thing to my 06 LBP because of all the rock chips and some other imperfections. Honda knows how to make an engine, but their paint skills are sorely lacking. Mind saying how much it cost? Did the shop do all the disassembly and reassembly or did you do some of the work?
I paid a hair over $3500.

The shop disassembled all the panels and reassembled. That also includes all the holes i had filled by the side strakes, xm radio antenna, honda badge and oem spoiler

They were highly recommended by s2000 owners in the Los Angeles area... Seeing all the high end cars there reaffirmed my initial apprehension.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

looks great!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
I paid a hair over $3500.

The shop disassembled all the panels and reassembled. That also includes all the holes i had filled by the side strakes, xm radio antenna, honda badge and oem spoiler

They were highly recommended by s2000 owners in the Los Angeles area... Seeing all the high end cars there reaffirmed my initial apprehension.
Right in the middle of where I was thinking, between 3k and 4k for a quality respray.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 03-04-2015, 02:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think your new paint job looks absolutely amazing and repainting a car oem color defiantly adds value imo. Everybody loves a fresh paint job if it is done correctly

Quick Reply: Re-Painted my whole Car.