The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

A year in passing..

Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A year in passing..

Over a year ago I sold my old S2000, and upgraded to an NSX. For those of you who are relatively new members this was my old S2000, most known for the first following picture a very good friend of mine took a few years ago.

As it turned out he went on to run DownshiftAus a local blog for the Australian car scene (ala Whips & Chocolate, Just Stance, StanceNation etc), and consequently took all the photos of my S2000 for the magazine it was also featured on the front cover of.

So, enough with the past, out with the old in with the new! In about October 2011 I stripped the old S2000 and sold up, to move onto a childhood dream car of mine, Hondas' NSX. I promised ages ago I would upload some pics once the car was in a state I was remotely satisfied with ; a year later, I am nearly there =)

She's Charlotte Green (Brookland Green for those us repping the USDM culture) which is a a deep dark metallic green Honda offered during the 90's. Throughout the year I've bought a few cosmetic items and done some overdue engine maintenance about 8 months ago. Approximately $6K later in parts through 2 new heads, water pump, thermometer, belts, LMA's (when the NA2 LMA's were installed, I replaced the bulk of the head internal pieces as NA1 LMA's are noticeably noisier than NA2). Still the original heads just with mostly new parts inside. Re-conditioned I guess you could say, not new. Since the heads were off I had all the seals replaced. Things like the VRS kit, water pump, thermostat, head gaskets, head bolts, cam plugs, cam cover gaskets, vtec gaskets, valve stem seals, cylinder head o ring seals, a new tensioner, front crank seal among the majority of items.

Servicing aside, I bought some CCW wheels, some KW coils (<3 from my old S2K so it seemed a smart idea to buy once again), some Vinny's side skirts, an unknown branded second hand front lip off yahoo auctions in Japan, some JDM NA1 tail lights (I should of waited and bought the JDM NSX-R tinted tails...) and the most recent purchase, a Taitec NSX-R rear wing for Christmas. I really wanted one for such a long time, and when I put it on, I hated it. It has however, since grown on me and is still on the car. Now I want to buy a DownForce or NA2 rear lower bumper half to complete the rear look as it just looks kinda funny how it is now.

I replaced about $2K worth of interior plastics here there and everywhere, so aside from my seats, seat belts and carpet its quite new looking inside. I still need to replace all the buttons on the radio / air cond / etc, but this is only something minor.

For Xmas I got some gift cards from friends, family and work so I finally got a chance to use them a few weeks ago. I went and bought some minor camera gear =) I already had a Canon 40D with a 24-105L however I didn't have any filters for the 24-105L. Being a big fan of the Polarizer filter in my previous camera's I splashed out and bought a $130 Hoya Cir PL filter to fit the 24-105L, along with a battery grip, some batteries and a new tripod.

Since I was at the shops spending up on gift cards, I decided to have the car washed while I did the shopping and saw a movie (Jack Reacher. Eh... 7/10, some good giggles but a lil silly over all). I parked the car outside for the night and decided I was going to use the new camera stuff on the car, since it was now clean and all. Unfortunately as it was parked outside for the night, and the car wash place did a lousy job for $75, it was covered in water ring marks..... sigh. Thought about cleaning it, but figured with the Polarizer filter for the camera, it'd probably block out most of the rain ring drop marks in the photos.

Jumped in the car and went scouting for somewhere nearby to take a few test / sample pictures. Silly me forgot to take any thongs / shoes with me so I was kinda rushed as it was burning hot concrete and bitchumen I was standing on in the middle of the day......

I didn't do any detailed pics of the interior, engine bay or boot / trunks as they are stock, so here's a few lightly edited pics from the mini shoot / test day. I never realised before these pictures just how much the NSX reminds me of an FD RX7 or a C5 Vette from the pics below... Its a hard colour to photograph as its metallic and changes in the varying sunlight.

I'd love a set of 18/19 3pc Meisters but I'd have to buy new, and well.... 19" Meisters don't come cheap in NSX specs (19x10.5 +20's), especially from Australia. I'm looking to install my replacement tan seats in the coming weeks (as mine are worn) and upgrade to the later spec rear bumper so the R wing doesn't look quite so out of place. Something to the effect of this.

Anyway just wanted to pop my head in and say hello. Hope you all like =)

- B
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, that rear shot is lovely!

I'm hoping to be in an NSX within the next couple years.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a beauty
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous. Love your S2k man.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM

stationary headlight conversion...just throwing that out there
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Nice one Brad. I haven't seen you rolling around the streets yet, but will be sure to keep my eye out for you and wave if I do.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was your S Monte Carlo Blue? That's such a beautiful color.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM

Jealous
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 PM

looks good so far
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KIrishman
stationary headlight conversion...just throwing that out there
Costs too much. $10K +

Originally Posted by do$tylz_v2
Nice one Brad. I haven't seen you rolling around the streets yet, but will be sure to keep my eye out for you and wave if I do.
I live and work in New Farm so if you're around the CBD area you'll see me about!

Originally Posted by ryuken
Was your S Monte Carlo Blue? That's such a beautiful color.
Yup, MCB. There was atleast 1 particular Texas MCB owner I remember on these forums a while back!

Quick Reply: A year in passing..