The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

T1R 70 Sparrow Installed! PICTURES

Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1R 70 Sparrow Installed! PICTURES

First thing first....ima try 2 write a wite up regarding this exhaust to the best of my ability because many ppl wrtie about how this is loud to this extent n so forth which came to not be true and a few ppl backed off the exhaust due to it via threads.

NOW, THE MAIN POINT IS I HAVE A PROBLEM BUT IMA WRITE ABOUT THIS EXHAUST THEN STATE THE PROBLEM AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH IT....

for one I installed it with the TP and ppl say the TP helps a little bit with the drone but nothing to major.....WRONG! With a cat on the car it is louuuuuuud as **** regarding DRONE but from outside it has a decent noise level but the drone is a lil below the invidias and Js 70 RR (with teh cat on the Sparrow) but with the test pipe there is almost no drone compared to it before; its a night and day difference. I didn't think it would make such a difference bc ppl said it barely helps but better then nothing but that is completely wrong.

the drone is at 3 and a half to about 4 and a half with a cat....with a TP there's almost no drone except for a very very low amount and I'm saying low amount where it doesn't affect the radio play, the talking level u would have to use, or anything of that nature. So ppl dont be scared regarding the noise level of this exhaust, it is good BUUUUUUUUUUT! with a TP it sounds like an F1 car from outside! so beware regarding that....

The outside noise level goes up by a lotttt and its nice so on my case its good. for others its ur choice....the test pipe DOES make a nite n day difference regarding drone and if u don't like drone the tp fixes it big time but then the overall loudness from outside goes up.

Now ppl also told me that the hks was the best sounding exhaust n loud....after I went n heard it in person about 24 hours before i made the purchase (supposed to have made it before i heard it in person) it is the biggest waste of 600 bucks with no noise/gains. it literally makes zero noise but with a tp I dono about that as i haven't heard one wiht a TP but with a cat it was dead quiet....Ppl hyped up that exhaust so i was expecting something crazy...it wasn't even ANYTHING PERIOD. Thats why I made this thread...so people dont fall into that hype and misinformation that doesnt exist.

Now I hope that helps a few people out but i have an issue on hand....

...actually 2 but 1 is out of curiosity...

1) The sparrow I saw in person, and a few pics before...the Tips seem to be about 2 inches or so out from the bumper..meaning sticking out...mine is about half an inch to maybe just MAYBE 3/4 of an inch....is there a reason why? When i do drive it and park the car, it comes out about half an inch then back into place once i stop driving it...just curious to konw whats going on there and if it is right the way it is or it DOES in FACT need to be almost an inch or 2 sticking out cuz mine isnt.

now the major problem....

2) The Fouler taht comes with the TP to install is giving me problems...that thing sticks out TOO MUCH and it scraps EERYWHERE....it hadn't thrown any CELS but once i hit 3 bumps today at school the Check signal came on and one of the wires is sticking out further hten the other ones...i have to go underneath the car to see if its ripped or what but I sure as hell hope not...How do ppl go about this issue/ the fouler make the o2 sensor stick out about 4 inches but w/out the fouler u can't even put the sensor on the TEST PIPE...where did i go wrong with this? anyone know plz????? thanks a lot!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 AM

Dude, it took me a while to figure out your post. Here, let me respond using your grammar:

Uhm, wye ees deed ewe post dis een da Gallery?

Okay, all jokes aside, if you're looking for answers to your questions/concerns, I think you'd get a better response in S2000 Talk or Under the Hood. Sorry to hear about your troubles with it though, as I always thought the T1R Sparrow was a nice exhaust.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 73Zero,Jul 3 2007, 10:14 AM
Here, let me respond using your grammar: Uhm, y ees dis een da Gallery?
spell check.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 AM

dude I was using a damn SIDEKICK RELAX...if u can use a sidekick to type out a novel go for it...but it is not that easy. so calm down...and i posted it here so i can post a picture as well of the issue but the sidekick camera is pathetic so I will when i get off work if it isnt to dark...if it needs to be moved let it be moved.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=B SweepeR B6,Jul 3 2007, 10:19 AM] dude I was using a damn SIDEKICK RELAX...if u can use a sidekick to type out a novel go for it...but it is not that easy.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 73Zero,Jul 3 2007, 10:21 AM
Dude, I was just messing with ya...sorry you took it so personally, as I honestly didn't want you to take it like that...but I was also in the middle of modifying my original post to be much less smart-assed.
i didnt take it personally its annoying cuz that post takes the thread away from its purpose and b/c these forums always have grammar police loaming it...can we get back to the thread? thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 AM

what i find amazing is how much people can type on those small key boards!

oh right...topic.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM

pics updated!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 AM

Is there any way to put a 90
Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM

it was a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH installng the sensor into taht fouler thing.

Quick Reply: T1R 70 Sparrow Installed! PICTURES