S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

S2000 interior red differences? R145L new pure red vs NH167 Red2 vs R153L Vivid Red

Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As I mentioned earlier, there are some variances to the 00-02 AP1 Red from the 04-05 AP2 Red.

My phone does a great job taking photos, however the variances are seen better in person. The phone does not show it as well.

They are close in color and I think I could live with the differences. The 04-05 AP2 red has a slight orange tone to the red compared to the new formula red.

Pics of my 00 door card after using Leatherique rejuvenator oil and pristine clean with a pic of the passenger side 04-05 AP2 door panel I cleaned with the same products.

I will be able to tolerate the differences in color between the two. I will show a side by side pic of the two door panels to show where the extra room comes from once I find time to assemble the door panels. I just coated the plastic pieces with Gyeon Trim Q2.

I do not intend to sell my AP1 door panels in case I ever go to (gasp) sell the car. I just like the tiny improvement made to the added shoulder room, side pocket, and integrated speaker grille for component speakers.

04-05 AP2 red/black door panel compared to the 00-02 AP1 new pure red door card.

04-05 AP2 red/black door panel compared to the 00-02 AP1 new pure red door card.

Last edited by TypeSpilot; 06-20-2018 at 06:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (10-19-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The best photo I can come up with to show a contrast in the two reds. Photo taken in my basement that has LED lighting.

04-05 AP2 red door panel contrasting against 00-02 AP1 new formula red door cards
Old 06-20-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot
No discoloration, just wear on the left lower side of the driver seat bolster. There are small creases/cracks in the leather from wear and lack of regular conditioning. I just used the rejuvenator oil and the pristine clean. I was very satisfied with the performance of the two products. Leatherique USA requires a leather sample to make a color-match dye. (They do sell some standard manufacturer colors) If I decide to add a little dye to the blemishes, it will be a project for late fall or next spring.

I used Meguiars for years. The Meguiars products never softened the leather, just coated them. I never found the Meguiars to be a good product for deep cleaning either.

Prices are found at most detail supply websites. It will cost more than the common Meguiars products. It also requires an investment of couple days or more depending on the condition of the leather. Application process is found on a very detailed youTube video by a local Ohio company called Esoteric Detail . Leatherique has been around for many years and is a quality product unlike most quick detail products.
OK cool. My seats are in very good condition too. Its just the common wear area on the driver's seat bolster that is visibly in need of some treatment albeit it's not a large portion of the seat thankfully.

Interesting point about your experience with Meg's products. I'm curious now. I could see evidence of dirt sticking to the microfiber towel I used the first and second time I cleaned my seats and door pads with Gold Class cleaner though so I figured hey, its working. Maybe I'll give it a few more applications. So far they look really nice and clean. Maybe a bit brighter too. I trust their products but after your post I'm keen to try Leatherique as well. I'll check out that video.

You just can't beat this interior/exterior colour combo
I'm a fan of the Suzuka Blue theme as well.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot
As I mentioned earlier, there are some variances to the 00-02 AP1 Red from the 04-05 AP2 Red.

My phone does a great job taking photos, however the variances are seen better in person. The phone does not show it as well.

They are close in color and I think I could live with the differences. The 04-05 AP2 red has a slight orange tone to the red compared to the new formula red.

Pics of my 00 door card after using Leatherique rejuvenator oil and pristine clean with a pic of the passenger side 04-05 AP2 door panel I cleaned with the same products.

I will be able to tolerate the differences in color between the two. I will show a side by side pic of the two door panels to show where the extra room comes from once I find time to assemble the door panels. I just coated the plastic pieces with Gyeon Trim Q2.

I do not intend to sell my AP1 door panels in case I ever go to (gasp) sell the car. I just like the tiny improvement made to the added shoulder room, side pocket, and integrated speaker grille for component speakers.

the colour difference is more apparent in these pics. Keep your AP1 door pads for sure. As for the tweeters - I can recommend a good set of Sony Xplod 4 way speakers. They offer full range audio so no real need for the door tweeters but that is a nice addition on the '02 and up models nevertheless.