S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Sparco QRT-R Fitment in S2000

Old 02-14-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Sparco QRT-R Fitment in S2000

Does anyone have a Sparco QRT-R seat in their S? Does it interfere with the center console door or the door card? I'm between this seat and the Sparco Pro 2000. I'm 6'3, 200 lbs, 34" waist.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from evasive, they included free buddy club rails.

With out modifications to the rails or the seat, the seat will only fit with the rear bracket screws in the highest hole.

I grinded the rail "tube" to move the screw down one position, to set the screws at the lowest position (to have the seat sit in between the rails, almost on the floor) is either impossible or requires a ton of grinding. I used a bench grinder, wasn't the proper tool, I didn't have a proper tool, didn't bother trying, it looked impossible to me.

Then I looked at other brackets, most of them achieve lowest seating position by having the seat in between the rails, which requires your seat to be 16.5 or fewer inches wide, qrt-r is over 17 inches wide, numbers could be wrong, but point is, no the qrt-r won't work with those bracket/rails.

qrt-r is a big seat, after installing I tried to make sure I could slide it, the sliders move with effort, not hard, but I had to yank it, and will only move a very little amount, seat's pretty much stuck on one position. I know I didn't install it perfectly, had to pry some bits, but I don't think bent rails are the reason it's not sliding, the right front corner of the seat is pushing against the transmission wall, I doubt it will go forward with straight rails, it just didn't feel like a rail problem.

With my seating position, the shoulder part of the seat is behind the door, it pokes very slightly into the leather/plastic trim of the car, no problem. Center console opens, it does touch the fabric of the seat's inner shoulder part, but no problem.

I tilted my seat backwards a bit, bad decision, I'm 6'3, 225lb, 34-36 waist, don't know how you like the stock steering wheel but it rubbed my thigh and had to be changed, I now have a prototipo, a 5 cm spacer and a works bell hub, with the (kind of stuck) seating position I wish the steering wheel could be extended more. Could be fixed by untilting the seat so my shoulders are more forward, but then I lose thigh support.

Despite it's almost stuck, I think the position is perfect for 6'3", at least for me, just needs to be lower and untilted, but none of that is the seat's fault, if it's stuck, I might as well ditch the rails.

When the weather gets warmer I will try the planted style bracket without rails.

Or if anyone can tell me I just installed the rails completely wrong and lowest position with buddy club rails is totally doable please tell me, the rails are like $150 value I really want them to work.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:18 PM

I currently have this seat with the PCI Adjustable seat mounts on the widest setting. I wasn't able to go as low as I could since the locking hardware was hitting the bottom of the seat. Sent Brian at PCI a message and he said to flip the hardware so the nuts are inside the slider and to use the side mounts spacers. I flipped the hardware and got more clearance to lower the seat one more notch. I just need to find the spacers that came with these mounts to give it more clearance as it's barely touching.

I am 6ft and 34 waist
Old 02-21-2019, 10:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol I'm writing up the build for my s2000 interior budget and I see you all everywhere posting your jeans size makin me feel fat. I'm a 40 and I've had my del sold as a daily at 380k, it's not that much smaller, is it?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:43 AM

Does anyone know how the qrt compares to the evo2 in terms of fitting in the S? Also harness hole location?

thanks guys
Old 02-28-2019, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by SAB2K
I currently have this seat with the PCI Adjustable seat mounts on the widest setting. I wasn't able to go as low as I could since the locking hardware was hitting the bottom of the seat. Sent Brian at PCI a message and he said to flip the hardware so the nuts are inside the slider and to use the side mounts spacers. I flipped the hardware and got more clearance to lower the seat one more notch. I just need to find the spacers that came with these mounts to give it more clearance as it's barely touching.

I am 6ft and 34 waist
Thanks for your input SAB2K, I was planning on installing this seat with the PCI seat mounts. I've used the Buddy Club rails in the past and wasn't thrilled with them.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 PM

No problem. I was able to get the seat in by using all four spacers PCI provided on the left side. I ended up having to buy longer seat bolts to fit the extra spacers, and a button head allen bolt grade 10 for the front left seat bracket as the side mount wouldn't clear the original bolt.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:58 PM

SAB2K, with the PCI adj. rails how low do you sit?
I'm 6'1" and am trying to sit lower to have my helmet clear the roll hoop/windshield line.

also are the harness holes above your shoulders? My shoulders are about 24-25" off the ground when sitting.
thanks!
Old 03-10-2019, 07:15 PM

I am running an EVS roll bar and before I got it to sit one hole lower I was parallel with the top bar, not sure how much lower I am now. My shoulders are about 25" from the ground and are half way up the harness holes. With a HANS the harness sits higher but can still see daylight.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 AM

How does the evs bar compare to the oem hoop in terms of height or maybe how high off the floorboard are you?

Quick Reply: Sparco QRT-R Fitment in S2000