S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Trying to fit Recaro Sportster CS

Old 05-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trying to fit Recaro Sportster CS

Hello to the S2KI's community.

I really tried to find my answer using the "search function", and google all i can, i promiss.

But i can't find a proper answer: Which rails (or another solution) would fit the Recaro Sportster CS seat in my S2000 MY 2006?

I found some pictures with this model fitted to an S. But can't find anything related to the mounting hardware.

I made a very good deal with my Recaro seller to secure two of the Sportster Performance Edition, but I can't pull the trigger until i find a clean solution to attach those seats to the car.

To let you know, the mounting points dimensions are: width = 406 mm and length = 297 mm
The closest solution i found are the Bride RO Type. But they are limited to 260 mm in length according to the internet. But i'm not sure it is the maximum available as they are additional holes in the rail, wich could lead (in my dreams) to a bit more than 260 mm.

I would be so glad if the community could help me to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance for considering my request guys.

Last edited by MIJ_S2K; 05-03-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I would love to know this also. I would buy these in a HEART BEAT!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 03:51 AM

Well, bad news. The seat is 539 mm wide at the bottom back, and i measured a maximum of 530 (with no adjustment possible) mm of available space in my MY2006. So i give up (with a lot of regrets, they would have been so cool in my black rims NFR S2000) on those seats. I don't know how people succeed to mount Sportster CS in their S2000, but it shouldn't be as clean as properly sized seats like Recaro PP or Bride.

Stradia II + Bride rails (LR or RO) is a well known top notch setup, but they belong (in my opinion) to a stripped full track looking oriented car (which my S is not), regarding to their style. So I'm going to pick Bride Edirb 033 (low cushion), a more refined oriented (and 2 kilos heavier) version of the Bride Stradia II. They will hold better than the Sportster, are a bit lighter, and perfectly fit. Not a bad things after all.

A big thanks to some S2KI's members who helped me a lot to chose the right seat and rails.
The following users liked this post:
Grip Hrd (07-16-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

how did they make it fit in the pictures?
Did they remove the adjustment wheel on one side?

JagoBlitz
Old 07-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Pics of the Bride in your car?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Sad to hear you couldn't get them to fit, because those seats are awesome! They look like the same seats that were in my Juke RS, which I was hoping could fit.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There has got to be a way I mean unless they just sat them in there for the picture I guess.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

My guess is that they likely used a Planted or Wedge bracket, welded on Recaro (or similar sliders) and used flat back stock with holes drilled to match the mounting points.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:23 PM

Sorry for this very late answer, but I went through an engine failure which immobilized the car during 14 months... The failure occurred 2 months after I installed the Bride in my car and I completely forgot this thread as you can imagine...
Replacing the engine have been an expensive hobby. So I don't know if I'm going to sell or not those seats as the car is no longer going to be tracked. Anyway, here is a short review of the Bride Edirb 033, and a word about the Sporster CS.

I tested the Recaro Sportster CS in a Renault Megane 3 RS during a trackday. They are supportive, no doubt, but I experienced some sliding during hard cornering and braking. During daily duty, they are comfy, but a bit harsh on long trip. The finish is top notch, as you can expect from this OEM manufacturer.

The Bride Edirb 033 are on another level... they are true holding monster on track and they allow a far better driving position (lowering is close to 20 mm). No slide during very hard cornering, no dive during slap in the head braking. Every movement of the car is transferred to your butt and spine and they are more comfortable for daily duty than the OEM seats. Low cushion option provides sufficient grip during hard braking.

No regret to choose those seats over the sportster CS or another bucket model. They are back adjustable and this is worth the added weight VS a full bucket seat. The finish is top notch and the cushions are easily washable or replaceable. Very clever design.
I bought two belts holder "Jade Recaro" to keep the belts easily reachable, like the plastic hanger on the OEM seats.

Here are some pictures of the Bride Edirb in my car for those who are wondering how they fit:

No problem during the install. They perfectly fit in the car with their LR type rail (beware, US S2000 have differents mounting points due to airbag sensors, you need special US bride rails). The seats perfectly slide to the front and to the back and they allow to open the middle glovebox without trouble.

Here are two bonus videos on track to compare the holding of the OEM seats and the Bride.

OEM seats:

You can see my passenger moving around in the car, and myself repositioning in the seat after hard cornering...

Bride seats:

Everybody is secured to the chassis and I can easily catch slides and feel every movement of the car. The holding allows better confidence while reaching the limits of the car (1,5 G in peaks), improving laptimes.
In fact the holding is so good that I was better secured in my car with no harness, than in the Lotus Exige S 220 of my friend with harness. And my car (225 and 255 semi slick tires + 330 mm brake discs front and rear) brakes as good as his Exige.

Hope those pictures and videos will be useful for some =)

PS: If a moderator could kindly replace the thread title by: Trying to fit Recaro Sportster CS + Bride Edirb 033 Review (or something more appropriate)
Thank you =)
The following users liked this post:
rich337 (01-15-2020)