S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

fix-a-flat

Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LcS2000,Sep 2 2007, 03:58 PM
it sucks for who ever changes the tire too when the break the bead it shoots every where. make sure you warn them
I hate when people bring in there tires to get replaced and they have an entire can of this sh!t in their tire mixed in w/ some run flat, and they do not even bother to warn you.
<----5.5yrs busting tires and probably another 3-4 to go.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why should anyone give a fk about a tire? I'll use Fix-a-Flat and get home. Tomorrow I'll buy another tire if necessary.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by JackS,Sep 5 2007, 06:33 AM
Why should anyone give a fk about a tire? I'll use Fix-a-Flat and get home. Tomorrow I'll buy another tire if necessary.
Baller baller, i hope you would buy at least two tires, and I hope they are not some cheap crap either.

So tell me what you do when the fix a flat fails, the tire slowly loses pressure, the tire then starts to eat itself away, and then you go spinning out accross the freeway and crash into someone else killing a mother and child. All becuase you did not want to jack up yor car like a man. Retarded
Old 09-05-2007, 06:55 AM

I carry a can in my Jeep because I don't have a spare tire. I wouldn't use it in the S2000 for the reasons listed above. It's too easy to just change the tire and get it patched.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marrenr813,Sep 5 2007, 12:11 AM
Baller baller, i hope you would buy at least two tires, and I hope they are not some cheap crap either.

So tell me what you do when the fix a flat fails, the tire slowly loses pressure, the tire then starts to eat itself away, and then you go spinning out accross the freeway and crash into someone else killing a mother and child. All becuase you did not want to jack up yor car like a man. Retarded
Do you think that the space saver spare is going to be the very safe ride all the way home.? Probably not best to apply this tire to the front end. I'll chance it with the F-a-F.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM

^^Ya, I have actually not heard of a space saver failing. And yesthe spare should be finbe as long as you do not drive around all day or at high speeds. Take your time and do not be lazy. An inflated tire is much safer thean a deflated tire.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=marrenr813,Sep 4 2007, 09:55 PM] I hate when people bring in there tires to get replaced and they have an entire can of this sh!t in their tire mixed in w/ some run flat, and they do not even bother to warn you.
<----5.5yrs busting tires and probably another 3-4 to go.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by shepherddog,Sep 6 2007, 12:53 AM
^^ You do realize the schitt you have to go thru to change a rear flat dont you? Imagine doing this on the driver side during the freeway rushhour; I'll take the bottle of slime!
If you know what you are doing it is really not that big of a deal. IMO. Been there done that, and I know it will probably happen again. But hey its your car and life, whether on not you listen to a professional is up to you, Have you not noticed that every tire installer that has posted in this thread has discouraged the use of fix-a-flat. I wonder why.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 AM

Spare > tire sealant. Sorry, thats just the way it is go ahead, and justify your decision anyway you want. If anything, I would use the sealent to get to a safe place to change out the spare. From what I uderstand those BMWs and Porches also come w/ runflat tires. Which is what is really replaceing the spare, not your can of magic.

I think what people are missing here is that when a tire losses pressure and is driven on, it is very easy to destroy the sidewalls of a tire and not even know it (esp. on the freeway). So, it is much safer to put the spare on than ride around on a tire filled with "slime" and damaged sidewalls. It is also safer to change out two tires on the side of the road than it is to drive around w/ a destroyed tire filled w/ slime.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Take it how you want, but you are still trying to convince me that it is not better to put a spare on. Like I said, at best use to get to somewhere safe to put on th spare. What if there is a hole you did not notice? I saw this last night in fact. A guy came in told me he saw a nail in the middle of the tread and his tire should be a easy fix. I inflated the tire and pulled the nail only to find the nai did not puncture. Do you want to know what caused the leak a half inch long slice (which was not audible) in the side of the tire. Do you know what would have happened to this guy had he inflated his tire w/ slime and drove on the freeway? I do. You are the type of person that causes pointless accidents created by lazy "germans".

Quick Reply: fix-a-flat