S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

PICS from FCS2k January '03 Meeting (19 s2ks, 1 NSX!!!)

Old 01-04-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PICS from FCS2k January '03 Meeting (19 s2ks, 1 NSX!!!)

Well, we just completed our largest First Coast S2k Meeting ever. We had 19 S2000's and 1 NSX in attendance. It was awesome to see so many cars. It was also great to have people from Tampa, Orlando, Melbourne, Daytona, St. Augustine, Orange Park, and Jacksonville attend. Normally we're just Jax and OP pretty much.

As promised here are a few pics I took plus a few from Caputo. Mine didn't come out so good for some reason. Sort of hazy. Guess the camera needs cleaning? Anyway, hopefully others will post pics soon...Wei-Shen, Layton, etc., etc.

I'll arrange to have the "private room" at CaddyShack next time. It was booked this time around but sure didn't look it compared to our group of 31!!!! I wanted to review a few things but really didn't get a chance but here's a quick run down.

I'm working with a few members to design shirt and decal designs for those that are interested. We're talking more along the lines of a nice polo stitched shirt vs. a T and a static/vinyl decal that can be easily removed or repositioned. Ideas/comps are welcomed but do it soon.

I think we'll continue meetings a CaddyShack since it's a nice location, plenty of parking, food was good, service was good, and I think it's obvious the location helps draw other s2kers from other areas (Tampa, Orlando, etc.) that would not normally come up. As usual, "majority rules" so let me know.

Now, on to the pics but once again THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ATTENDING. It was a great time and future meetings will only get better. Also, in case no one heard part of the conversations in the parking lot please THANK WEI-SHEN (WCHIN) for establishing the Florida Forum on s2ki.com. Most of us would have NEVER met if it weren't for this site. Thank YOU!!!!

Enjoy the pics and let's get started on finalizing dates, etc. for the FLORIDA SUPER MEET!!!! Also, mark your calendar's for the FIRST SATURDAY OF FEBRUARY FOR OUR NEXT MEETING AT CADDYSHACK.

Shay

Old 01-04-2003, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you meet at the Caddyshack Restaurant at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine?

I have a 2nd home in St. Augustine so it would be neat to meet up with you all there sometime.

Let me know.

Old 01-04-2003, 04:40 PM

No Formula red in attendance? What's up with that? Guess I'll have to try really hard to make the next gathering to add some real color to the mix. Looks like a great turnout. Heard that the weather turned a little cool this am. Looks like more tops were up than down! Hopefully the weather will warm up soon.
thanks for posting the pics so early. Still in Ohio where the weather is cold. Looking to get back next weekend.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaytonaDon
[B] No Formula red in attendance?
Old 01-04-2003, 05:00 PM

Don't let them fool you. We didn't meet at Caddyshack. Here's where we all met. You guys corrupted me!

Old 01-04-2003, 05:07 PM

Where's the NSX?
Old 01-04-2003, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by dave22
Where's the NSX?
This is the only one I got.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by S2000 Driver
Did you meet at the Caddyshack Restaurant at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine?

I have a 2nd home in St. Augustine so it would be neat to meet up with you all there sometime.

Let me know.

Yep!!! That's the place. Love to have you attend. Keep track of the meets and hope to see you soon.

Shay
Old 01-04-2003, 05:49 PM

airgate - We always have a problem getting red and especially white to attend it seems. The thing that kills me is that on the drive back home I saw 2, yes TWO, reds within 2-3 miles from the house!!!

tidalwdave - wish I had known you guys were stopped there. I drove on by since I was #2 in line. I was just on the other side of I-95 at the Texaco too.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]airgate - We always have a problem getting red and especially white to attend it seems.

Quick Reply: PICS from FCS2k January '03 Meeting (19 s2ks, 1 NSX!!!)