S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

S2k Days ---(Chicago) Midwest Convoy? (more)

Old 12-12-2000, 02:35 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

I would like to get an S2K convoy together that will go all the way to Knoxville, and then to "the Dragon". I think that it would make a great "documentary" to annotate the trip with pics of a cluster of S2's road trippin' together.

I would imagine a good meeting place for Midwesterners would be somewhere in or near Chicago. From there, we could pick up other S2Kr's at scheduled stops (gas stops, eating stops, and bathroom stops) along the way to Knoxville.

If I could get enough interest (read: a list of attendees), I will go ahead and make a schedule, a map of our route to be taken (including stops and meeting points), a professional looking pamphlet for memorabilia-sake that will hold all the info, and other things.

Oh yeah, I will go ahead and invest in a nice, high end digital camera to take a lot of pics of our rides, our drive, and us (seeing that we don't have a professional photographer among us). And once I get a round about number of attendees, I will also invest in enough 2-way radios for us to use. I will also attempt to get the infamous Greg Sevens and Scarlet II to lead our convoy.

To end a long post, what I would like to see now is, posts from those of which are interested in a convoy from Chicago to Knoxville (with stops in between to meet up with others), and where each of you are from (I need this, so I can minimize the number of stops, but still get those interested to not have to drive out of their way to join up with us).

Stay posted on this thread for any further updates.

Urmil
Luder94
Old 12-12-2000, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Urmil, yes, let's move forward on this. I have had my hands full with many other aspects of the event, so I haven't had a chance to respond to your email...I will shortly though.

There are lots of us coming down from the MW. Keith (aquatic) and I are actually trailering our cars to Cincinatti. There, we park the trailers and take the S2000s from that point on. We will be leaving on early Thursday morning, heading through Indianapolis, then on to Cincy. According to my plans, we should arrive no later than about 7 into Knoxville, that is, with an early Thursday morning departure time. I made it home from Asheville last time in nine hours and that was with lots of twisty hunting through Tennessee, as well. It's only about 600 miles from here...

So that is what we have been planning. If you want to handle the the logistics of routes, people and places, then go for it! It's one less thing I have to do!

I am thinking a departure of about 7-8AM would suffice to get us into Knoxville in plenty of time, as well...and I have the book Extreme Twisties ( www.extremetwisties.com )...so we can hit some awesome twisties on the way down there...

Thanks for taking the lead here...I appreciate it!

Old 12-12-2000, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in, I may be trailering the car the whole way however.
Old 01-04-2001, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to join up with you guys! From STL, MO or maybe Mid-Ohio Raceway depending which route you guys take.