S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Alloy Craft Hardtop Lock Review

Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

UPDATE 5/5/11:
Been driving my car everyday since i installed them and no problems whatsoever. No wind leakage or rattling, very solid...and secure!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you get rid of Izzy's hardtop brackets? Is it for the lock that these Alloy Craft ones comes with?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by d0nkeyxPunch
Why did you get rid of Izzy's hardtop brackets? Is it for the lock that these Alloy Craft ones comes with?
yup
Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use or need any threadlocker for the bolts?

thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed mine. Very nice solidly built and fitment is perfect. I'm a little worried that their bulky square ends are kinda close to my head. Could be fatal in a frontal crash where the windshield framing buckles down a bit, much worse if you're a taller driver or with a helmet on at the track.

Also, the pieces won't allow you to take off the hood without removing everything, unless you want to cut a bigger opening in the top interior trim piece. I was willing to remove the 2 screws to go topless, but I can't separate the pieces without removing the interior trim.

If you're the lock the top and never go topless type, these are perfect for you. No more roof latch rattles.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by RylisPro
Did you use or need any threadlocker for the bolts?

thanks
nope, i didn't feel the need to. i had my izzy's brackets on for over a year w/o threadlocker and they didn't loosen up one bit. i mean it couldn't hurt to put a drop, but i didn't personally.

Originally Posted by Ldo
I just installed mine. Very nice solidly built and fitment is perfect. I'm a little worried that their bulky square ends are kinda close to my head. Could be fatal in a frontal crash where the windshield framing buckles down a bit, much worse if you're a taller driver or with a helmet on at the track.

Also, the pieces won't allow you to take off the hood without removing everything, unless you want to cut a bigger opening in the top interior trim piece. I was willing to remove the 2 screws to go topless, but I can't separate the pieces without removing the interior trim.

If you're the lock the top and never go topless type, these are perfect for you. No more roof latch rattles.
yeah this version wasn't really meant for those that want to take the hard top off occasionally, that's why they are coming out with locks that work with the factory strikers also.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 AM

Do you add shims to stricker side or hardtop side cant seem find much info, got the locks waiting on my top.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by miguel329
Do you add shims to stricker side or hardtop side cant seem find much info, got the locks waiting on my top.
take a look at the pics Alloy Craft posted up from the Helms manual. the shims go between the locks and the hardtop.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I buy additional keys from you? The previous owner lost the spare
Old 04-25-2019, 05:05 PM

Default [WTB] Alloy Craft HT Lock

Hello,

Anyone has the vendor link? I tried the one in the thread, it's no longer working.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Alloy Craft Hardtop Lock Review