S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Another Propeller Shaft Thread (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/another-propeller-shaft-thread-1178436/)

kitsis29706 10-10-2017 11:03 AM

Another Propeller Shaft Thread

Hello,
This is an issue i have with my S hopefully you could help me out solve this nightmare i bought from Ireland and send to Cyprus in Europe(60 km on the clock)and lowered on springs has a vibration under acceleration and i think its the Propeller shaft joints.I am saying this because the vibration was there before lowering the car i think.I removed the shaft re greased and the issue is still there.i searched to find an old one to replace with no luck so far. I searched on Honda if they sell the joints separately and they don't. they sell it as a whole and the price i got is 3000 euros.I found the same on Honda US for half the price but i am not sure if it fits.I am not sure if i want to spend that much money also even if it fits.Do you know if it fits since its RHD and labeled as AP1?Do you know where i can find a second hand propeller shaft?Please help me if possible.It will be much appreciated.
Warmest Regards,
Andreas

Car Analogy 10-11-2017 01:04 AM

You seem set on it being prop shaft. How can you be sure? There are other things that can cause vibes. What troubleshooting did you do to narrow it down to prop shaft issue?

zeroptzero 10-11-2017 04:33 PM

the first thing to check with that vibration issue would be the driveshafts, very common issue.

Lochness Monsta 10-11-2017 05:08 PM

Axles would be my first go-to, I had the same issue when I first bought my S, axles solved it.

kitsis29706 10-12-2017 09:47 AM

Well to be honest i am not sure that is the propeller shaft but when i took it out i could see a small grip when moving the joints at the end of the shaft.It feels like you have a bump on the tyre when accelerating. The car has new tyres already.Next thing to check is the axles then.Anyone else felt this kind of vibration?
Really really thanks guys.
Best Regards,
Andreas

d1000rr 10-12-2017 11:12 AM

Are you sure the tires were balanced properly when you had them replaced?

zeroptzero 10-12-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by kitsis29706 (Post 24366932)
Well to be honest i am not sure that is the propeller shaft but when i took it out i could see a small grip when moving the joints at the end of the shaft.It feels like you have a bump on the tyre when accelerating. The car has new tyres already.Next thing to check is the axles then.Anyone else felt this kind of vibration?
Really really thanks guys.
Best Regards,
Andreas

Literally thousands of s2k's with this issue, lots of threads about this exact issue, a vibration under acceleration is almost always the axles, if you can drive out of the vibration by changing speed then it is a wheel balancing issue. Not sure what the symptoms are of a prop shaft failure as they are rare, I guess it could happen but the axles are usually the cause of the issue and I would check them first.

Car Analogy 10-12-2017 03:45 PM

...and stay away from aftermarket axles. They don't work well on this car. Cause nrw vibes.

Either get new oem axles (sticker shock!), used oem axles, or find someplace local that can rebuild your oem axles.

kitsis29706 10-23-2017 09:56 AM

Thank you mate..I ordered spacer for the axles and that seemed to splve the problem.i am not sure how this could happen since it only has 40k miles and it was never abused.well maybe some donuts.

kitsis29706 10-23-2017 10:00 AM

This is Cyprus. Impossible to find someone to rebuild my axles. I called Honda once for the air-con filter and the reply i got was :'Does such thing exists?'
Me:Well yes i hold it in my hands right now.A spacer solved the issue thankfully.