S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Any experience with RedlineGoods?

Old 02-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I bought their armrest cover too but waiting until spring to install, mine has red accents which look different than the OEM red.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Took the plunge this weekend and installed the Redline Goods armrest cover on my OEM armrest. Came out pretty satisfactory and was much easier than I expected. @carnut12, I would easily do this again, so I say go for it. I picked up this glue at a local Ace Hardware.

Good for plastics and leather (as stated on the package) and I just followed Redline's instructions of using binder clips. The glue sets up pretty quickly, but I installed it in phases - lengthwise first and let that dry, then the two ends, then once that dried I did the corners. I went easy and trimmed as I went - I probably left far more leather on than I needed to, but it still fits on the console fine.

I pulled the old leather off and cleaned up the old glue with goo gone so I had the bare plastic on the underside. I then I roughed up the plastic with some sandpaper and prepped with alcohol to clean it up. I also ordered the foam from Redline, although I could have used anything - but the padding came out nice. Here's the finished product:

I'll install it back in the car in a few weeks once I get done with some interior work I'm doing over the winter.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks Great!
Old 03-09-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by datadr
Took the plunge this weekend and installed the Redline Goods armrest cover on my OEM armrest. Came out pretty satisfactory and was much easier than I expected. @carnut12, I would easily do this again, so I say go for it. I picked up this glue at a local Ace Hardware.

Good for plastics and leather (as stated on the package) and I just followed Redline's instructions of using binder clips. The glue sets up pretty quickly, but I installed it in phases - lengthwise first and let that dry, then the two ends, then once that dried I did the corners. I went easy and trimmed as I went - I probably left far more leather on than I needed to, but it still fits on the console fine.

I pulled the old leather off and cleaned up the old glue with goo gone so I had the bare plastic on the underside. I then I roughed up the plastic with some sandpaper and prepped with alcohol to clean it up. I also ordered the foam from Redline, although I could have used anything - but the padding came out nice. Here's the finished product:

I'll install it back in the car in a few weeks once I get done with some interior work I'm doing over the winter.

Great Job I am going to do it myself as well. I bought the thicker foam for the top, how hard was it to remove the armrest?
Old 03-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Off the car? Or the old leather from the plastic?

The armrest is a breeze to remove from the car. The entire console pops off (just remove the shift knob first) and then the armrest comes off with 4 screws from underneath. There's a DIY on here that steps through it if you are nervous. Getting the leather off was pretty easy also (if it was leather) - Just pulled it off from the underside and peeled it off. Mine came off in a few pieces; it's glued to the entire surface.

I removed what glue/residue I could from the surface to get it smooth but didn't worry about getting it all off. I did full clean the underside down to bare plastic though (so the glue would hold).
Old 03-09-2019, 06:24 PM

One other note - the quality of the Redline Goods stuff is top shelf. I know there have been some complaints about the shift boot not having the correct holes or lining up properly, but mine was spot on. I did indicate the year of my S2000 when I ordered it, so that likely had something to do with it. Anyone concerned about the shift boot holes not being correct can rest at ease.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I got a shift boot from them for my AP1.
The quality of the leather was great, however, some of the holes on the boot were off and I did snap a couple tabs in the process of trying to fit it. It still fit tightly in the end and you cannot tell that some of the shift boot tabs are broken when it's all back together.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by datadr
Off the car? Or the old leather from the plastic?

The armrest is a breeze to remove from the car. The entire console pops off (just remove the shift knob first) and then the armrest comes off with 4 screws from underneath. There's a DIY on here that steps through it if you are nervous. Getting the leather off was pretty easy also (if it was leather) - Just pulled it off from the underside and peeled it off. Mine came off in a few pieces; it's glued to the entire surface.

I removed what glue/residue I could from the surface to get it smooth but didn't worry about getting it all off. I did full clean the underside down to bare plastic though (so the glue would hold).
Thanks to you I knocked this out the last 2 days!!! Looks so much better and I got the thicker padding so it feels so much better too!!

By the way I used Contact Cement worked great!!!

Last edited by Carnut12; 03-17-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:38 PM

Looks outstanding! Nice compliment to the Red/
Black interior. I went with the thicker padding too. Haven't snapped the console back in yet as I still need to regrease my shifter and have the seats out while I install seat heaters.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if anyone here needs an good-looking OEM arm rest let me know! i've got 2 AP2 great condition ones for trade

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/member-s...hread-1191452/

Quick Reply: Any experience with RedlineGoods?