S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Any Suggestions For a Full Mugen Build

Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Suggestions For a Full Mugen Build

I'm intrested in doing a full Mugen build for my S2000(AP2) , if I can get my hands on a Mugen part I want it, so far I haven't been able to find examples of what im looking for granted it has only been a few days. I was hoping somone could steer me in the right direction. I'm already aware of King Motorsports, but their website confuses me, as my automotive knowledge is fairly basic. I've seen a few clips on youtube of what I assume is a fully built Mugen S2K, but wasn't able to gather much informnation, as the videos didn't have dialogue, and were shorter than a minute. I'm also intrested in turbo charging it, but I got no clue if any superchargers kits will be compatible with the Mugen intake. Any and all advice or criticism will be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:10 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Oh man...
Old 08-01-2018, 05:40 AM

I have a rare shift knob you can buy!
Old 08-01-2018, 05:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What does a full Mugen build mean to you?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 AM

To me a full Mugen build, means Mugen intake and air filter, Mugen exhaust and exhaust manifold, if they have any transmission parts, Mugen Sport Suspension, and I think Mugen make almost everything for the front a rear axles. Then Mugen brakes, and brake lines, their limited slip dif. A full carbon Mugen body exterior, and than what ever Mugen interior parts I can get my hands on. Basically anything Mugen made for the S2K.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspired Goliath
To me a full Mugen build, means Mugen intake and air filter, Mugen exhaust and exhaust manifold, if they have any transmission parts, Mugen Sport Suspension, and I think Mugen make almost everything for the front a rear axles. Then Mugen brakes, and brake lines, their limited slip dif. A full carbon Mugen body exterior, and than what ever Mugen interior parts I can get my hands on. Basically anything Mugen made for the S2K.
I just saw a mugen header fs on the fb group for $700
Old 08-02-2018, 03:34 AM

That's gonna cost the big bucks buddy! Not talking about a few thousand dollars but tens of thousands of dollars...
Good luck with it! I would love to see the result.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:25 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Your main issue will be discontinued parts. You can do it, but it will be a hunt and take some time, unless your pockets are deep and you make unbelievable offers to current owners of the discontinued parts. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Gotuning
Bidjdm.com
Jesse Streeter
King Motorsports
Classifieds on this site

These will all be your friend. Quite a few things are fairly easy to find but expect to wait for some if not all parts if you are buying them new. They are out there be patient and check regularly.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:47 PM

Default The Grand Plan

So I want to go ahead and thank all of you for replying, and kinda want to elaborate how I plan on completing the build. As far as budgeting my plan was to save of for about half a year or much longer, and do one major part of the build which I've got split into a few parts at least on paper.

1) Chasis which will consist of everything and anything that helps with the handling of the car. Suspenion, brakes, control arms, sway bars, limited slip dif, bushings etc... .

2)Engine this will be the things that affect the performance of the car, and get it prepared for the supercharger. Intake, exhaust, transmission, radiator, ecu, etc... I'm not sure what parts would be needed to make the engine stronger, such as rods, pistons, and cams, and depending were the price is supercharger may be included in this step or be its on step.

2.5) Depending on how things are going and the power that the car is making, I may go back and revisit either of the steps before moving on.

3)The exterior pretty straight forward this is where I want to get everything from fenders to wheels. I'm pretty set on the Mugen hardtop,hood, spoiler and specilized rear end, but the front end isn't agressive enough for me, and I'm unsure if I want to get widebody. Hopefully everthing can be carbon fiber, paint is also undecided.

4)Interior Steering wheel, Seats, Shift knob, roll cage. Whatever gots a Mugen logo on it.

5)Atttemting to make the build as clean as possible, and any other miscellaneous things like raditors caps and such to wrap up the build.

It's going to be a long expensive build, as well as an extensive learning experince as this will be my first project car, but I'm a strong believer in working for what you want. As cliche as it might sound I may attempt to do an autovlog, at the very least picture progress with and in-depth guide on how to do everything, because I haven't seen anything like this out there yet. If any of you know of a shop in central Florida even Florida, that specilize in any of these things, it would be most appreciated if you left their website or address. I also plan on reaching out to people, and attempt to get a sponsership, the worst thing the can do is say no, and something is always better than nothing.
I just want to thank everyone for coming along or even just spectacting the start of what I thing is going to be a great journey. I also apologize for the wall of text.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek. " - Mario Andretti