S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Anyone WIth Mugen Carbon Fiber Hardtop Able To Share Installation Instructions ?

Old 10-20-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 3,371 Likes on 2,450 Posts
Default Anyone WIth Mugen Carbon Fiber Hardtop Able To Share Installation Instructions ?

I bought a used Mugen carbon fiber hardtop. I wanted to adjust it for my car and I was wondering if anyone had some installation instructions for one of these tops.

I am primarily interested in torque values for the bolts, I don't know if the bolts go into metal threads or carbon fiber threads so I am a little scared to experiment with them until I know how much torque they can handle. This is on the front latches and side latches. I have the instructions for the oem hardtop which I had previous to this one, but the materialsa are much different. I'd appreciate any replies or offers to share info on this. I did a search on the internet but nothing came up, I can't ask King Motorsports but they don't help shit unless you bought the part from them, even if you have been a long time customer of theirs it doesn't seem to matter. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the threads? I've never heard of anyone making threads out of carbon fiber lol. I have a replica top and the threads are metal. Regardless, you shouldn't have to crank down on them anyway, it doesn't take much to keep them in place so just hand tighten them with a 1/4" ratchet and just a little more.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 3,371 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by 4wheelsoffury
Have you looked at the threads? I've never heard of anyone making threads out of carbon fiber lol. I have a replica top and the threads are metal. Regardless, you shouldn't have to crank down on them anyway, it doesn't take much to keep them in place so just hand tighten them with a 1/4" ratchet and just a little more.
Yeah you are correct they are metal threads, I ended up taking off the adjustment plates and I saw the metal threads under the carbon. The previous owner told me they were carbon fiber, I think the screw holes are carbon though. But yeah I will just tighten them hand-tight using a 1/4 inch rachet, that should be safe. Thanks for the reply.