S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AP1 front lip-BaysonR replica

Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AP1 front lip-BaysonR replica

I finally got my front lip installed on my AP1. If you are reading this you were probably looking for a front lip for yours and realized there is no more new OEM ap1 lips available. And while you can find used lips the condition varies and the price is absurd for a used lip. While I am the last person who wants to buy cheap parts I was really left with no choice. And after seeing the reviews on the BaysonR lip from ebay I though I would give it a shot. Your results may vary because we all know eBay brand parts quality control is all over the map. I believe I paid $42 shipped for my lip so expectations were not high. However I am pleased to report it far exceeded my expectations. It is not without flaws though. It came with this black crap all over it that flakes off whenever you touch it. I don't know if this was paint or plastic from the molding or what but it was a pain. It took alot of sanding to remove this junk and get it flat, in case your wondering I used 600 grit wet sanded. On the corner of one side there was one defect maybe 3/4" long that I can best describe as what a sponge looks like with air gaps and such. This could be easily filled in but I forgot to, ow well can barely notice. After getting it out of the box we heated it up a bit with a torpedo heater to get it to straighten out. We then preinstalled it before paint and drilled some holes for mounting, couldn't use theirs. We then painted it using ScratchWizard paint matched spray cans. I got a whole kit off amazon for $60 wich included primer, base coat, pearl coat, and clear. Great kit cans were of good quality and easy to use, matched perfectly to my spa yellow, Y-52p. When installing there was a 1/4" gap that we had to push in and then install the self tapping screw and now it's flush. Overall very satisfied with the baysonr lip and scratchwizard paint kit.

Weather stripping: 08f03-shj-1100d honda, just enough for one lip maybe 1-2ft extra

Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also bought one too.. but i have a AP2. it's being painted along with my front bumper (due to rock chips etc).. should be installed tomorrow and i'll get some pictures.

Althought when it arrived, 1/4 of the lip was bent and out of shape.. i was so worried and didn't want to return it. but after reading the instructions it came with. i set it out on the son and it came back in place. Awesome.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 AM

Can you post some pics of how you mounted it? I have one too and I have painted it and I got the OEM weatherstripping, but I'm not sure how to mount it. I bought some 3M auto tape and I thought I would run that along the bottom inside edge of the lip so it could stick to the bottom of the bumper, but I know it will need at least a few screws along the bottom and 2 inside each fender well.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by t777jb
Can you post some pics of how you mounted it? I have one too and I have painted it and I got the OEM weatherstripping, but I'm not sure how to mount it. I bought some 3M auto tape and I thought I would run that along the bottom inside edge of the lip so it could stick to the bottom of the bumper, but I know it will need at least a few screws along the bottom and 2 inside each fender well.

did you get it done? i still havent got my car back. But i went to snap some pictures since my Brother n law is the painter for it. I'll get pictures up in a bit here.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 PM

this isn't even mounted yet... But you can see the gaps in the middle.. i think that would be a good spot for the double sided tape.\
Old 04-29-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to get the weatherstripping for the lip
Old 04-29-2016, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ

weather stripping or double side tape? why is the stripping needed?
Old 04-29-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEXIONG
Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ' timestamp='1461968490' post='23952731

the Honda part number you need is 08F03-SHJ-1100D, it will save your bumper believe me. I have a bayson R ap2 lip as well and it worked great so far on it, keep in mind though you will only have around 2-3 feet left when you're done so make sure you clean the lip good so it adheres because you essentially only have one shot at doing it.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Originally Posted by JOEXIONG' timestamp='1461985903' post='23952895
[quote name='JDMpearlwhyteZ' timestamp='1461968490' post='23952731']

the Honda part number you need is 08F03-SHJ-1100D, it will save your bumper believe me. I have a bayson R ap2 lip as well and it worked great so far on it, keep in mind though you will only have around 2-3 feet left when you're done so make sure you clean the lip good so it adheres because you essentially only have one shot at doing it.
[/quote]

dang too late now. lol, i had put on double sided tape.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEXIONG
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1461995713' post='23952946
[quote name='JOEXIONG' timestamp='1461985903' post='23952895']
[quote name='JDMpearlwhyteZ' timestamp='1461968490' post='23952731']

[/quote]

dang too late now. lol, i had put on double sided tape.
[/quote]

It might be worth pulling off to swap out haha.

Quick Reply: AP1 front lip-BaysonR replica