S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AutoBlip for drive-by-wires

Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Originally Posted by RTL2K' timestamp='1367954626' post='22525799
Does this only blip the throttle when the brake is depressed as well? What If I want to downshift to pass someone quickly on the freeway?
Im sure you could wire the brake wire to a hot wire and it will blip every time you push in the clutch, but that would suck while trying to up shift.
You could wire it that way, but I don't see why anyone would even want the throttle "blipped" when you are downshifting for a pass. You are going to hit the gas with your foot anyway, right? When I'm going to pass someone, my foot is already on the pedal!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
@RTL2K - This device is only intended to replace the Heel-Toe downshift, which is only done while braking.

@Unho1yghost - If you track your car, then the whole car is a toy.
If it only blips; but doesn't rev match- then I don't see what the point is... A blip of the throttle doesn't seem to do much when it's actually better to revmatch
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This looks interesting. However, I would really hate to have to remember that this only works with the brake depressed. I'm already used to rev-matching under all circumstances...brake or not...and this would require a half change in habit. I think for people like me it would be more of a chore to get used to this.

The product seems like it is mostly meant for people who are physically incapable of heel-toeing in their particular car.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nichigo
This looks interesting. However, I would really hate to have to remember that this only works with the brake depressed. I'm already used to rev-matching under all circumstances...brake or not...and this would require a half change in habit. I think for people like me it would be more of a chore to get used to this.

The product seems like it is mostly meant for people who are physically incapable of heel-toeing in their particular car.
I see what your saying but 90% of the time, a downshift is when you're decellerating at a stoplight or for entering a turn. The only time this wouldn't make a difference is when you're on the interstate and downshifting to pass.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Former Sponsor

It seems that you guys don't really understand why people heel-toe downshift in the first place. There isn't any reason to do it on the street, unless you are just practicing for the track. There's never a need to rev match upshifts, and if you're on the track, you only downshift when braking.

Basically, if you don't autocross or track your car, this product really isn't for you. Of course, heel-toe braking isn't for you either.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that you guys don't really understand why people heel-toe downshift in the first place. There isn't any reason to do it on the street, unless you are just practicing for the track. There's never a need to rev match upshifts, and if you're on the track, you only downshift when braking.

Basically, if you don't autocross or track your car, this product really isn't for you. Of course, heel-toe braking isn't for you either.
i agree with Gernby. i just rev match on the streets to practice for autox. but i have the hardest time twisting my right foot to blip the throttle while braking. might have to give this mod a try.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Former Sponsor

FYI ... I just posted a review thread about the AUTO-BLiP in the Racing and Competition forum, and added a better video.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's never a need to rev match upshifts
Sure there is. You just don't blip the throttle on upshifts.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by takeshi
Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1368193685' post='22533045
There's never a need to rev match upshifts
Sure there is. You just don't blip the throttle on upshifts.
I think he means you don't have to rev match WITH THE PEDAl. On upshifts if you're timing is good, you should rev match every time by properly shifting
Old 06-04-2013, 03:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

interesting device...

Quick Reply: AutoBlip for drive-by-wires