S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Ballade Sports Adjustable Cam Gear - Preview (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/ballade-sports-adjustable-cam-gear-preview-1168662/)

BalladeSports 02-02-2017 12:42 PM

Ballade Sports Adjustable Cam Gear - Preview

4 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

What do you think of our new part? This is our new Ballade Sports Adjustable Cam Gear. It will be able to advance or retard intake and exhaust cam timing up to 3 degrees simultaneously. We are currently doing some vigorously testing this before we decide to release it for sale. The cam gear will come fully assembled with the cam idler gear and front cam chain sprocket. It is made out of hardened steel matching the same HRC rating as OEM Honda equipment. Thanks for checking this out. Feedback is welcome.:)

Attachment 76442
Attachment 76443

Attachment 76444

Attachment 76445

ES2K 02-02-2017 01:24 PM

How about individual adjustable cam gears for those who only want to adjust one of the cams? Sell intake and exhaust cam gears separately.

jackmugen02 02-02-2017 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ES2K (Post 24147009)
How about individual adjustable cam gears for those who only want to adjust one of the cams? Sell intake and exhaust cam gears separately.

You can buy Toda Racing adjustable Cam pulleys for about $360 each from RHDJapan.

BalladeSports 02-02-2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ES2K (Post 24147009)

This product is meant to be able to adjust the cams together. Why adjust one cam and not the other? For example, if a stock engine received a fresh valve job where the cylinder head had been milled. Once the head is installed the distance between the head casting and the block is going to be closer thus leaving the timing chain the same length. This product will help the engine assembler put the timing scribes back to the original position like before the resurface of the cylinder head.

Gotuningunlimited.com shows the Toda gears being sold as a pair intake and exhaust for $1,016.50.
Go Tuning Unlimited

Of course we understand, an advanced engine assembler is going to like the option of two traditional cam sprockets with full range adjust-ability to increase or decrease overlap in cam profile. But not everyone wants to spend that much money for cam gears. Skunk2 has dual cam gears as well retailing for $524.99.

We believe most of the F20c and F22c engines in the world are still using OEM camshafts so the need for two adjustable cam gears is not always necessary. Our product can get the user's cam and crank timing back into OEM standard in a more simplified manner for those with over stretched timing chains, or resurfaced cylinder heads or decked engine blocks.

flanders 02-02-2017 09:58 PM

I thought the Ballade non adjustable timing chain gear already used the optimum setting? ;)

BalladeSports 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by flanders (Post 24147266)
I thought the Ballade non adjustable timing chain gear already used the optimum setting? ;)

Just because the iphone 7 is out doesn't mean the iphone 6S wasn't a good phone. :tipwink:

Tougefactory 02-03-2017 08:55 AM

Would you be able to adjust this gear with out taking the timing chain cover off? Also during your testing what gains are seeing through tuning?

Car Analogy 02-03-2017 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by BalladeSports (Post 24147557)
Just because the iphone 7 is out doesn't mean the iphone 6S wasn't a good phone. :tipwink:

That made me lol, good one!

S2000Craig 02-03-2017 09:12 AM

Yup RHDJAPAN.COM has Toda cam gears for 300 and something I ordered a set last November if the price is right for this I'm interested.

BalladeSports 02-03-2017 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tougefactory (Post 24147585)
Would you be able to adjust this gear with out taking the timing chain cover off? Also during your testing what gains are seeing through tuning?

Yes, once the gear is installed you can adjust it by loosening the locking bolts. Then you will be able to turn the crank manually in the direction of the desired cam degree increments. We have seen 6-10 whp increase in power and an increase of the torque curve coming on sooner. The performance advantage of this type of product is dependent on the engine tuner and builder. This product gives the user the ability to fine tune the engine, just as the competing products like Toda cam pulleys and Skunk2 cam gears.