S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

balladesports v2 oem style hardtop

Old 01-21-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default balladesports v2 oem style hardtop

any owners out there want to chime in? overall satisfaction with the product? pros and cons? thanks! dont forget to mention if you got the cf or frp
Old 01-21-2017, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am curious as well. I don't even recall if they made a thread about it? The only way I heard about it was on instagram.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What's the difference between The original version?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ap2low
What's the difference between The original version?
version 2 comes with oem seals
Old 02-04-2017, 04:06 PM

bump for some answers
Old 02-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw it at their shop. It has that OEM style moulding which is nice. The seals look a lot better.
I have version 1 frp. I'm sure the fitment is probably better on version 2.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:46 PM

bump for any updates
Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vvuong714
any owners out there want to chime in? overall satisfaction with the product? pros and cons? thanks! dont forget to mention if you got the cf or frp

if you have an instagram contact Blake_s2k something like that. He bought the oem cf hardtop from them spent almost as much as an oem one and he's always posting pics of water leaking and him using tarp to cover the car whenever it rains. Idk the specifics but I would of sent that shit back.
The following users liked this post:
mattk20 (02-23-2021)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Jew
if you have an instagram contact Blake_s2k something like that. He bought the oem cf hardtop from them spent almost as much as an oem one and he's always posting pics of water leaking and him using tarp to cover the car whenever it rains. Idk the specifics but I would of sent that shit back.
thanks for chiming in
Old 02-22-2021, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Jew
I'm super late to this as I never use S2KI much anymore, long story short I was one of the first few with this top. Perfectly clean example of a car no wrecks or anything that would mess with any geometry. When I first got the top the rear seal under the back glass seemed cheap and not "seal-y" enough. The OEM seals around the windows are only held on by a measely install of some black silicone and if you aren't careful they will literally pop up or pull off easily. The corners of the windows near your shoulder if you're sitting in the car don't touch the window as they should and air comes in. The corners of the top where the latches are and where the A pillar meets the windows leaked terribly. I got the full race brackets front to rear as I took my soft top out to prepare for this because I assumed it would be a lifelong thing and I'd enjoy it, boy was I wrong. I still have it and honestly I haven't messed with it I just keep the car semi covered because I'm scared that I'll make it worse. I called them 4 days after the top arrived and I installed it I forget the guys name but in short he basically told me "Nobody else has had any problems and we haven't either all I can say is I suggest you just add padding" weird thing to say when I was maybe 1 of 3-4 people with this top currently in the US. I was pissed and they offered zero help even after shooting emails to them so I just started grilling them on Insta. Low and behold maybe a year later or less they message me admitting there was a design flaw with the oem window stripping and sent me tons of pictures of them adding a shit load more silicone literally everywhere around the seal and essays on essays. The reason I was and am still salty with them is because at the time you're spending just as much if not a little more than a OEM top the bastard should come out of the box flawless no issues, pop it on and forget about it. Nah, inside the car you can see little pin holes of light above each window. After many many years I have ordered a bunch of stuff to finally tackle this issue as I've had my car on the back burner. If you live close to them and they can install the top for you I'd highly reccomend that because once they touch it if it isn't right it's their issue not yours. I'm happy I deffered people away from getting them at the time. Also the clear coat on mine is pretty hazy now, no discoloration just oxidation.

Quick Reply: balladesports v2 oem style hardtop