S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Battery - Pure OEM substitution.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Optima is my S right now... in my other two Honda's i have Interstate batteries.
I stick with Interstate mostly, they stopped making the Optima for my hatch a while back, so when I tried to buy one I ended up back with Interstate.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new OEM replacement from Honda (BTW, the Interstate Batteries Truck Drops them off and the Sticker is applied to the Batteries as they sit on the pallete before being forklifted into the Parts Depot) 100 Month prorated warranty, $68 bucks - which was less than the Duralast crap.

I won't buy Autozone brake pads or rotors, and I'm not going to buy one of their batteries either.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rioyellows2k, would you please shine some light on where you were able to find a new OEM one for $68?

I found two unofficial Honda Genuine part online stores (below) which both ask for $77 for the battery, however shipping cost is in the $20s and $30s:

http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myh...normal&count=1

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/he...normal&count=1

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k
I bought a new OEM replacement from Honda (BTW, the Interstate Batteries Truck Drops them off and the Sticker is applied to the Batteries as they sit on the pallete before being forklifted into the Parts Depot) 100 Month prorated warranty, $68 bucks - which was less than the Duralast crap.

I won't buy Autozone brake pads or rotors, and I'm not going to buy one of their batteries either.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by snoopy030801
Hi Rioyellows2k, would you please shine some light on where you were able to find a new OEM one for $68?

I found two unofficial Honda Genuine part online stores (below) which both ask for $77 for the battery, however shipping cost is in the $20s and $30s:

http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myh...normal&count=1

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/he...normal&count=1

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k' timestamp='1322365558' post='21187874

Start by calling the dealer?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM

The autozone battery is actually much better speced than the Honda battery. I think it has much higher crank amps both warm and cold.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k

IIRC Johnson Controls manufactures batteries for both brands.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 AM

I use a Toyota True 2 battery out of a mr2.
1. I work for Toyota and get a discount
2. 3 year warranty
3. ??????
4. Profit
Old 06-27-2012, 06:18 AM

I would guess that "Best" would probably be better determined by a consumer poll. Check The CR ratings to get an opinion on durability. Absent that, you can probably shop for cold cranking amps and price/warranty.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:45 AM

Grave digging update thread here; my AutoCraft Gold (Advance Auto Parts brand) is just starting to be too weak to start the car, purchased around the time of this thread.... so that was a 7 year run. Not bad at all. Garage keeping the car might have helped, but dang 7 years!
Old 01-19-2019, 08:09 AM

Since its already been brought back from the dead, at this time im using a Toyota battery off the highlander hybrid. same size and cca as oem just cheaper in price since i work for Toyota and unlimited warranty. My concern is can i fit a bigger battery in that area , with out moving battery to trunk. what needs to be moved in the battery location to fit a bigger in size and cca. car sits most of its life and i cant use a battery tender due to location of vehicle.

Quick Reply: Battery - Pure OEM substitution.