S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Berk 3" Exhaust Fitment

Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Berk 3" Exhaust Fitment

Hi guys,
I purchased a Berk 3" header back exhaust for my s2000 which is an ap2 fitment, however have an Ap1 with an ap2 rear bumper.
I am installing the exhaust and have a tough time centering the exhaust in the rear exhaust cap, it sits to the left by a couple inches and the clearance on the pipe is about 1-2mm from the axle and 1-2mm from the subframe. If I push the exhaust tip to the right, it will hit the subframe.
I have installed ap2 (triangular) hangers on the diff mount support and the muffler support. For the other two hangers closest to the front of the car, I have used the rectangular shaped hangers.
Am I installing this wrong?
Also, can I have picture(s) of how you guys installed the hangers just to confirm I have not misplaced them or used the wrong holes on the ap2 hangers.

Please let me know as this has been a big bugging issue for me.
Thanks for your time.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an AP1 fitment one on my AP2 and it fit fine. I used the triangle AP2 hangars in the very back.

Post some pictures of how yours fits and the hangars. Also did yours come with a bracket that you bolt in to hold the exhaust to the side? i dont think i have any pictures of the bracket that i am talking about.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
I had an AP1 fitment one on my AP2 and it fit fine. I used the triangle AP2 hangars in the very back.

Post some pictures of how yours fits and the hangars. Also did yours come with a bracket that you bolt in to hold the exhaust to the side? i dont think i have any pictures of the bracket that i am talking about.
Here they are (pictures are in order from the back to the front of the car):

How the exhaust sits:

Pictures of the hangers:

Pictures of how close the exhaust is:

To sub frame:

To axle spacers:

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Here is the muffler's hanger (forgot to add it in the previous post):

Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I had a very bad rattle with my Berk at first. What worked for me was using the long side of the AP2 hanger on the first hanger, near the O2 sensor bung. That allowed it to hang low enough to clear the subframe. I used the other AP2 hanger on the very last hanger, near the exhaust exit. I used AP1 hangers everywhere else. My exhaust now never rattles or hits the car. I am lowered as well.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Change the orientation of the rear triangle hanger, until you get the gap perfect. You can do it, when I installed this exhaust on my AP1, it took me a few different orientations to get it centered.

-Connor
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
I had a very bad rattle with my Berk at first. What worked for me was using the long side of the AP2 hanger on the first hanger, near the O2 sensor bung. That allowed it to hang low enough to clear the subframe. I used the other AP2 hanger on the very last hanger, near the exhaust exit. I used AP1 hangers everywhere else. My exhaust now never rattles or hits the car. I am lowered as well.
Thanks! I will give it a shot.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chugs
Change the orientation of the rear triangle hanger, until you get the gap perfect. You can do it, when I installed this exhaust on my AP1, it took me a few different orientations to get it centered.

-Connor
Hey Connor,
Which rear triangle hanger are you talking about? The one on the diff support bracket or the one on the muffler?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by MeganFoxAP1
Originally Posted by Chugs' timestamp='1327885458' post='21364050

-Connor
Hey Connor,
Which rear triangle hanger are you talking about? The one on the diff support bracket or the one on the muffler?

Both, I'm not sure the correct way they should be on an AP1, but it took me a bit of adjusting to get both of the hangers right. Try moving the muffler hanger in the last image you posted, to the un-occupied hole.(Keep the rubber mount still attached to the car, unhook the muffler and put it in the other hole.) If that doesn't help, just keep trying different holes. You'll get it right eventually.

-Connor
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chugs
Originally Posted by MeganFoxAP1' timestamp='1327887745' post='21364115
[quote name='Chugs' timestamp='1327885458' post='21364050']

-Connor
Hey Connor,

Both, I'm not sure the correct way they should be on an AP1, but it took me a bit of adjusting to get both of the hangers right. Try moving the muffler hanger in the last image you posted, to the un-occupied hole.(Keep the rubber mount still attached to the car, unhook the muffler and put it in the other hole.) If that doesn't help, just keep trying different holes. You'll get it right eventually.

-Connor
[/quote]

I have tried the closer hole on the ap2 hanger on the muffler part and that brought the muffler tip touching the rear bumper on the top.
I also tried the closer hole on the ap2 hanger for the diff support bracket and that brought the muffler tip sitting on the left side of the rear bumper exhaust cap.
But I will try switching up the configurations on the farthest holes on the ap2 hangers and see if that will be any different.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Quick Reply: Berk 3" Exhaust Fitment