S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

best mounts for agressive street driving?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best mounts for agressive street driving?

i got my motor mounts replaced last year. i noticed my transmission always shakes like crazy whenever i press on the throttle or shift gears. i thought i would just do all the mounts including engine/trans/diff mounts. any suggestions on which mounts to go with? i was looking at the innovative 75a or would oem be best?

any help would be awesome
thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 AM

People seem to be really happy with the Vibratech motor mounts lately.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my innovative 75a mounts. I have motor/diff done and it will vibrate alot, even more so on a cold start up but the car feels great on the road. The rear of the car feels much more predictable than it used to be. However if you aren't inclined to deal with cabin noise I wouldn't suggest them, it does translate to the dash a bit but I don't daily my car so it doesn't bother me. Some here have actually pulled them out because of this so ultimately it depends on whether or not you want your car for it's performance characteristics and to drive it hard or to be a practical street commuter you can simply drop the top on when it's sunny out.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:19 AM

So I looked into all the options I could find. It seems like I'm going to go with the Megan engine mounts with a etd. Idk what to use for my diff mounts though. I saw Megan makes diff mounts too, but didn't here and info about them.

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
I love my innovative 75a mounts. I have motor/diff done and it will vibrate alot, even more so on a cold start up but the car feels great on the road. The rear of the car feels much more predictable than it used to be. However if you aren't inclined to deal with cabin noise I wouldn't suggest them, it does translate to the dash a bit but I don't daily my car so it doesn't bother me. Some here have actually pulled them out because of this so ultimately it depends on whether or not you want your car for it's performance characteristics and to drive it hard or to be a practical street commuter you can simply drop the top on when it's sunny out.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by samson123
So I looked into all the options I could find. It seems like I'm going to go with the Megan engine mounts with a etd. Idk what to use for my diff mounts though. I saw Megan makes diff mounts too, but didn't here and info about them.

Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1461996099' post='23952948

I don't have any experience with Megan mounts unfortunately but I can vouch for the Innovative through two different cars I've owned. Great pricing points for what you're getting.

If you wanna save some money look on ebay, I bought all my mounts for the motor and diff for I believe under $480
Old 04-30-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Ballade replacement OEM mounts are quality units for the price. I don't think they are fluid filled so they do end up vibrating a little at idle but they have been taking a thrashing like champs so far. These are also much much easier to install if the car has stock mounts currently.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chance S2K
People seem to be really happy with the Vibratech motor mounts lately.
This. I have them and they are awesome, they hold the motor in place without giving off too many vibrations.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Spoon sports mounts. The best!!!!