S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Brake Stopper/Dampener (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/brake-stopper-dampener-1173103/)

ThatGuyWhoDrives 05-19-2017 06:17 AM

Brake Stopper/Dampener

Het, guys so I bought a brake stopper/dampener for the S2000. Brand Delta Lima Engineering. I made a short video about the install as well as before and after effects if anyone is curious.
Link:

Janus00 05-19-2017 06:21 AM

I've been wondering about these, thanks!

Chuck S 05-19-2017 06:48 AM

Thanks! Nice presentation!

I have a brace on my master cylinder. I'm not sure I'm feeling any difference but the video is convincing.

-- Chuck

theprophet36 05-19-2017 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24210543)
Thanks! Nice presentation!

I have a brace on my master cylinder. I'm not sure I'm feeling any difference but the video is convincing.

-- Chuck

I felt a difference in the pedal immediately after installing. Can't speak for increased stopping power cuz she already stopped on a dime.

Car Analogy 05-19-2017 04:52 PM

Never heard of these devices. Interesting. Can you post a link to where you got yours?

How is this related to the brake mc movement recall? Do all S benefit? Or only those that didn't get the recall?

With brakes, you almost have all the raw power you need (all the heat capacity is another matter). If you can lock the tires, you have the power. The problem is the precision. The amount of stopping power increases exponentially as you approach the lock up point, but drops off precipitously once you reach it. And the threshold to drop back below lockup is much lower than lockup point. The closer you can get to the threshold point without going over, the faster you can stop.

Its the walking this knife edge that is the challenge. You want to get close to lock up, but you pay a big penalty if you go over.

So its easy to imagine the loss of precision you get if a big part of your pedal force is flexing the firewall. You try and make micro adjustments with your pedal force, but a bunch of that precision is eaten up by the wallowing firewall.

So while this mod of course can't give you more raw braking power, it should give you a ton more braking precision. If you are able to use that precision effectively, you can indeed achieve better stopping force.

So the effectiveness of this mod depends on driver. But even if you aren't able to utilize this precision yet, if you have aspirations of becoming a better driver, this mod seems like a good idea.

Chuck S 05-20-2017 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using the LHT Master Cylinder Brace and despite not noticing the non-deflection when driving it's working as I just verified by watching the master cylinder reservoir thru the windshield when pressing the brake pedal with the engine running to get brake boost. Movement with the brace is very small. They make two versions. Mine fits under the AEM strut bar.

Again, the posted video (above) is very convincing.

Attachment 74091

-- Chuck

Delta_lima 05-20-2017 06:54 AM

Hi guys,

very cool someone made this video!
thank you.

I develop s2000 only items, like the egr delete kit and this lhd brakestopper, under my name/brand:
Delta Lima Engineering.

The brakestoppers will fit on all years 99-09

Delta_lima 05-20-2017 06:56 AM

I guess steel brakelines will help you inproving the feeling on the brake pedal with a brakestopper.

theprophet36 05-20-2017 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Delta_lima (Post 24210974)
I guess steel brakelines will help you inproving the feeling on the brake pedal with a brakestopper.

I did braided lines and the brace. Amazing pedal feel.

Car Analogy 05-20-2017 09:26 AM

The braided part doesn't actually help much with the feel, its the teflon line itself that does that. The braiding just helps make the line more durable, won't be abraided or damaged as easily from track debris thrown up, etc.

Our stock lines are teflon, which is why braided lines don't add much stiffness with this car.