S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Bride Gias II leg room

Old 06-17-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bride Gias II leg room

I recently bought a set of authentic Gias II seats with Bride LR rails for both driver and passenger. I'm 6'2" and about 195 so I do fit. The only question I have is I noticed that although I sit much lower than stock (Low Max tech), I feel as if I've lost a bit of leg room. Perhaps it's the angle of the seats but I noticed that my knees are only an inch from my ignition. I'm wondering if (although following explicit instructions for the rails), there's an ability to change the mounting holes on the rails to have the seat go back further? I remember seeing a row of holes on the rails that make me feel as if I could mount the seat further aft.

I also noticed that at full rear adjustment, I can still recline the seat quite a bit. Which leads me to think that I can probably go further?

Has any one else had leg room loss with this combo?
Old 06-17-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

You might be able to, but if so, not by much. The bottom of the seat dips down in between the 4 sides of the rails.

Do you have the standard cushion or low cushion? i always recommend the low cushion because it doesn't prop your knees up like the standard cushion. Google Bride low cushion vs standard cushion if you don't know what i mean.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the response, Chris. I was wondering about this as well. When I got home, I noticed that I was pretty much at the limit of how far the base of the seat can go back but I still had room to recline a bit. So are you saying that using a low cushion might give me some additional leg room due to changing the angle of my knees?
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nippon
Thanks for the response, Chris. I was wondering about this as well. When I got home, I noticed that I was pretty much at the limit of how far the base of the seat can go back but I still had room to recline a bit. So are you saying that using a low cushion might give me some additional leg room due to changing the angle of my knees?
yes, exactly. Google the low cushion vs the standard cushion. the standard cushion is more trangular shape, where it raises up right under the knees. The low cushion is about half the thickness of the standard cushion and is not triangular.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:05 AM

Indeed. Yeah, I was doing a bit of research about possible "fixes" without mutilating the seats. The part number I'm looking at is P03ACO. Not sure if Evasive has any. I've only seen it at Nengun's site and you already know what shipping is like through them.

I was also looking into BRI-A15NPO. Those are the seat rail adapters that add 20mm of height. I don't think that'll help but was also a consideration. I'll just have to find anyone that distributes the low-cushion, stateside.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:12 AM

The cushion looks right. Just remove your current cushion and replace with a small folded towel to see if that helps at all. Not sure how raising the seat 20mm would help though!

contact Lot USA or I believe kami speed. I know Lot USA is an authorized importer. RHD Japan should have these on their site as well.
The following users liked this post:
Kami Speed (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
The cushion looks right. Just remove your current cushion and replace with a small folded towel to see if that helps at all. Not sure how raising the seat 20mm would help though!

contact Lot USA or I believe kami speed. I know Lot USA is an authorized importer. RHD Japan should have these on their site as well.
Thanks man. that's a good idea. The folded towel for testing. I'll hit up Kami Speed and the others mentioned. I think Kami is on the east coast so that might be advantageous.