S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Buddy Club Rear Lights

Old 08-20-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received mine about a week and a half ago, but unfortunately mine have a defect Gave my car a quick wash and they don't seem to be sealed properly as water was getting in around the edges and one of the tail lights started to gather condensation covering the whole tail light. Hopefully I can get a replacement.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Doug67
Received mine about a week and a half ago, but unfortunately mine have a defect Gave my car a quick wash and they don't seem to be sealed properly as water was getting in around the edges and one of the tail lights started to gather condensation covering the whole tail light. Hopefully I can get a replacement.
Not good to hear, I should have mine mid week and was looking forward to a seemless transition without any drama. Hopefully they fix you up quickly.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

anyone else have a similar experience?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Digging these lights.
If I were to do any cosmetic/show and no go mods this would be about it, that said, I dig the stock and unique look of the S2K rear as it is.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by sea206
weird i was told by evasive that the AP2 version does not need any modifications any more and its simply plug and play
I just got mine last week and it is a plug and play as long as you get the right model.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I washed my car today and also noticed water gathering around the edges about 1/4 inch into the housing. I'm not sure whether this is a built in water channel or what. Most of it dried out within a few hours. However, there still is water trapped around the edges.
The following users liked this post:
s2000ellier (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am having issues of water getting in the tail light.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM

So I''ve had these on for about a month now.

Thoughts so far:
Does fine in the rain, been through a couple storms without any water or condensation. BUT after one wash there's a bunch of water trapped and I had to take them both out and drain them. Now they have a bunch of water spots on the inside.
I got the AP1 version from Rockstar Garage for MY04. The conversion is pretty easy, move some of the screws around to fit and bolt back on. As for wiring, I had to get an AP1 tail light bulb socket and put it on the stock harness plugs right in.
The only other mod I had to do was I cut the tiny rail things on the stock harness that prevent it from plugging into the buddy club harness. Should be self explanatory when you see it and will clip right back into the oem tail lights if you want to go back.
Last note about install is if you're using the AP2 harness just push down the pins on the tail lights down a tiny bit with long nose pliers and they should slide into the stock harness pretty snug.

If if didn't leak so bad I'd give it an 8/10.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I haven't washed my car since I installed them but I am wondering if the water is getting in through the gasket and not the lens? Maybe the seal from light to gasket to inner quarter panel is not great?
Old 09-01-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What I found from mine is where the black rubber stripping ends and meets the trunk lid there is a hole there where the water is getting in.

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Rear Lights